Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Colored Wax

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ChrisBlair 
#1 ·
Anyone have recent experience using colored wax on cars with paint chips.

#6 ·
+2 for Dr. Colorchip. BUT - make sure you clean the area you're covering the chips on thoroughly before using the product.

Otherwise it won't adhere.

After you've used it be sure to polish and wax/seal it. You'll be happy with the results!

#13 ·
I used the Dupli-Pen. It's a good concept; but, the application wasn't very good for my particular color and lack of experience. The paint flecks pooled within the larger chips creating "fish eyes". The many smaller chips ended up with nibs and runs. Being unfamiliar with the Dupli-Pen I'm sure it was poor execution on my part. These can be fixed. Since I'm retired, I have the time to fix all things that I attempt. I have more time than money and I enjoy the process no matter the outcome. Thank you all for your suggestions.

#14 ·
I have used coloured wax on occasion on the concours cars. It is good for concealing the very fine scratches you sometimes get and the colour helps with that. Anyone telling you that it would fill actual chips is having you on. Nothing short of using a touch up paint and some work on smoothing it afterward will make any difference at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.