Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this info from GM yesterday. Sorry if I'm being redundant. This appears to be the final word on colors and equipment. To wit:

Option Packages:

Power Package:
Power door locks
Remonte keyless entry
Power windows
Power mirrors

Convenience Package:
Cruise Control
Driver Information Center
Integrated fog lamps

Leather Package:
Leather seating surfaces (ebony or granite/sand 2tone)
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Leather wrapped shift knob
Steering wheel accessory controls

Available Options:
Air Conditioning
Anti-lock brakes
5 speed automatic transmission (early 2006)
Limited Slip rear differential
MP3-capable CD player
MP3-capable 6 disc CD player
Monsoon premium 7-speaker system
OnStar
XM Satellite radio
18 inch polished aluminum wheels
18-inch chrome plated wheels (September 2005)
Carpeted floor mats

Colors:
Liquid silver metallic 67U
Black 41U
Victory Red 74U
Shadow Gray Metallic 42U
Summit White 50U
Dark Blue Metallic 25U
Emerald Green Metallic 38U

Fax says available Summer 2005
0 to 60 in 7.2 seconds (specs are estimated)
177 HP
166 lb-ft torque
Lateral G's .90
Weight 2,860 (you can bet that's the base model)
Fuel capacity 13.8 gallons

there's more but these are the important ones IMO

Sorry, no Yellow or Fusion Orange this year.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Wow, lots of info - THANKS! ... and many more options than I thought would be available ... YEAH, pricing would definitely be of interest!!

:agree:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GM why do you do this to me, where did my yellow go??? :(

Welcome, and thanks for the information confirmation Breeze!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, this info came from GM to Pontiac Dealers. No pricing though. If it helps at all, XM is normally $325 and OnStar typically $895-995 though that may come down a bit due to GM installing on about 1.5 million more vehicles this year. Then too, they may give your a package discount on the OnStar making it about $100 on the sticker.

The really cool option is the LSD, a must have for a driver. The G80 locking diff runs $280 but its much simpler than a LSD (not to mention no good for a sports car) and tooling for that thing was paid for a LONG time ago. Expect a locking diff to run around $695-895, but well worth it.

Power package should run close to $395 with convenience pkg round $395 also.

6 disc CD is typically $375 or so. ABS is also in that range, est. $400. The MP3 stereo only $150.

Leather package likely $895-995. AC I'm just guessing at $695. Trying to base this on the cost of these item on other similar vehicles. Soon as I have something firm I'll pass it along.

$250 for polished rims, $695 for chrome.

The .90g lateral acceleration will be at no extra charge though!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for some of the standard features, one of the coolest is the Bilstein coil-over style monotube shocks. Look for Bilstein to offer a fully adjustable replacement set in short order. Height and damper force. If only these were a factory option!! The car would slay the competition at the track and autocross.

Tires will be Goodyear Eagle RSA P245/45R 18.

3, count 'em, 3 cup holders!!

Rear defogger, tilt steering standard.

Tire sealant and inflator kit standard. (reckon that means no spare and no run-flats)

They also claim "near 50/50 weight distribution". Bring on the height adjustable coil-overs!!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Breeze, sounds great! Using your best guess prices (and using the highs on all ranges but only $100 for OnStar and guessing $50 for mats), a car with all options except for wheels and radio upgrade comes out to just $23,820! :thumbs:

·
4,592 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Breeze, sounds great! Using your best guess prices (and using the highs on all ranges but only $100 for OnStar and guessing $50 for mats), a car with all options except for wheels and radio upgrade comes out to just $23,820! :thumbs:
how much including wheel and radio upgrade (even though I know this could be subjective), a ball park will do?

RODEO

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the guesses on price breeze :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RODEO said:
how much including wheel and radio upgrade (even though I know this could be subjective), a ball park will do?

RODEO
Should be just shy of $25,000 which, incidentally, is the target price for the loaded Saturn Sky.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
DreamerDave said:
OnStar 'might' be free. Since GM is saying it'll be standard on all 2006 model cars from now on, and the Solstice is a 2006 model. So we mgiht luck out with that.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Breeze said:
Should be just shy of $25,000 which, incidentally, is the target price for the loaded Saturn Sky.
The $25,000 is supposedly about where the base Sky will be priced accoridng to what GM is saying. But that's not including all the extra options you can have on the Sky though. It does come with supposedly a lot of the options the Solstice has but as base, but not all of them. So with all the extra's added to the Sky it might reach $27,000. Like $1000 wheels, leather if it's not base, LSD, XM, 7 Speaker Monsoon System, better radio, automatic transmission.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the info Breeze, and welcome to the forum!

A lot of people were wondering before why the upgraded wheels were not on the list posted yesterday, but your post clears that up! They will simply have a late availability in Sept 2005.

Personally, I think that stinks since I really was hoping to get chrome rims if they were an option, and now they won’t be available until we are going into fall! :cuss:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sounds like poished rims are available from the start. Is this true? I hope so, it's what I wanted. Ff88, get the polished, and then it shouldn't be that much more to have them chromed at a plating shop maybe if you don't want to wait, or just go aftermarket.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
Sounds like poished rims are available from the start. Is this true? I hope so, it's what I wanted. Ff88, get the polished, and then it shouldn't be that much more to have them chromed at a plating shop maybe if you don't want to wait, or just go aftermarket.
I always have problems with rims that are not poweder coated or chromed. Polished and brushed surface wheels always pit and corrode right away on me. Its that lousy road salt!! I'd also prefer the factory chrome finish. GM's chrome holds up well, and if there is a problem I know where to complain! ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got an email from a dealer I contacted today. He said pricing should be in on Monday or Tuesday and that he would contact me once it was in.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
rkgsx said:
Just got an email from a dealer I contacted today. He said pricing should be in on Monday or Tuesday and that he would contact me once it was in.
Sweet, let us know as soon as you find out. :D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
rkgsx said:
Yeehaw! Hope it's Monday. I'll be off work. :lurk:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I love the fact that both the auto trans and the Sky will be coming out early 2006, which is when I plan to buy. That means the hot cars at the dealers will be the autos and the Saturns, leaving negotiation room on the remaining 'old' Solstices :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts