Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any photos of the Solstice in any colors other than the blue-gray that was rolled out at the auto show. Do you think the Solstice will get unique colors, or just borrow from other models like the Grand Prix, GTO, etc.?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have not herd anything about the colors other then the one showed at the autoshow. There was another post that was talking about the colors but i do not think that anyone other then the people at Pontiac know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Safe bet that black will be a choice. Some sort of bright red also. They will probably save yellow for another year or two down the road.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why would they wait for yellow i know that GM has been known to raise the price or the yellow paint but i have never seen them delay the yellow paint but i usually dont keep track of cars before they make it to production.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Timeless colors

Suggestion for GM: Consider some timeless colors like dark blue and dark burgundy. I think these would go well with the retro styling cues of the car. GM has been offering these colors (in metallic clear coat) for years. They were also offered on a number of the classic roadsters of the past (e.g. Jags, Healys, etc).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look at the Gallery photos I posted under my name weeks ago that show (various member's) photowork of the Solstice on the beach in Black, Red, Maroon, Teal, White and Silver. Hope that might help you visualize them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
hoffman said:
Look at the Gallery photos I posted under my name weeks ago that show (various member's) photowork of the Solstice on the beach in Black, Red, Maroon, Teal, White and Silver. Hope that might help you visualize them.
Those are helpful. I still think a darker burgundy and a dark navy blue would look good on the car. The orange is good example of a modern color which seems to be popping up a lot recently (the C6 Vette, the 350Z, the Miata of a few years back, etc).

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
think the white is kinda pukey. that's JMHO.

Met Green is neat - can envision with white stripes.

Black looks to be my favorite.

Easy, critics... this is a "what's your favorite color" reply, there's no right or wrong answer that fits everyone. :thumbs

·
Registered
28 Posts
hoffman said:
MaN! Thanks hoffman. It looks good in all colors, but I like the white one best.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
hoffman said:
hoffman, here's one you missed...my favorite.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would still like to see British Racing Green. Failing that, the dark blue with racing stripes is nice and the Teal that Hoffman posted (thanks, Hoffman) is what I use for my wallpaper.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Colors probably have not even been finalized by GM at this point. But I would be it will be your same bunch of colors found on the other cars, at least to start. Maybe some special colors will appear later as "special editions" such as the recent maroon on the anniversary Corvette. There will be the typical Silver, Red, Black, etc etc, and probably a few other "hot" colors, maybe yellow, maybe that rust/orange that is on Grand Prix and Grand Am's, maybe others.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Solstice Color Choices

I happen to own a 1973 MGB in Burgandy. She's a sharp little car that draws comments where ever it goes. But I'm a bit of a traditionalist and would like to see the Solsitice available British Racing Green as well.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think white, black and red are a given. Probably blue and silver and maybe green. I'm sure they'll throw in a hot trendy color too, but they have to wait to see what buying trends are closer to release date. Some colors are by their nature contraversial and therefore subject to debate and fashion trends. Orange and yellow might be dead by then. Remember when they thought purple was a great color?

I wonder if they might offer a factor stripe option? I'd be into that. :thumbs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts