Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I happen to be one of those "mutants" who LOVE the 1970s VW Beetle colors of chartreuse and orange, only, in those lovely "metallic" or "sunburst" colors you're seeing alot lately. I think that if GM made those colors available, it would be hard, but I'd probably pick a metallic "lime" color.

Regards,

Big Daddy
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Check out this site. This information was put together by Brentil (I think anyway) and comes from the GM Dealerworld website as reported by Cardealer, including the available colors for the car. No lime green for you, but maybe you would like one of the other choices!

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
About The Available Colours...

So are we at least fairly certain that the colours brentil posted (and thankyou brentil), are the only one's available? I was kind of hoping for white, boring I know, but I do like white as long as it's a brilliant white.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Michael said:
So are we at least fairly certain that the colours brentil posted (and thankyou brentil), are the only one's available? I was kind of hoping for white, boring I know, but I do like white as long as it's a brilliant white.
Those are the color codes Cardealer got from the GM system and posted for us. So if there are more options besides the ones he gave us thaty have either [a] not hit the system yet or he hasn't let us know of any new info for whatever reason (or any other dealer for that matter).

Or eatoninside I believe his forum name is now. Not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Michael said:
I was kind of hoping for white, boring I know, but I do like white as long as it's a brilliant white.
Summit White (50U) looks like it will now be an option on the Solstice. Same white on all the GM trucks.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
eatoninside said:
Summit White (50U) looks like it will now be an option on the Solstice. Same white on all the GM trucks.
Cool! I had been wondering why there was no white specified before, since it seems to be a logical offering.

I'm going to have to pay attention to some GM trucks to get an idea on how it looks. Is that the same white used on the later Grand Ams? That was a really bright white, almost vibrant, that I liked a lot!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
eatoninside said:
Summit White (50U) looks like it will now be an option on the Solstice. Same white on all the GM trucks.
50U? Where'd you get that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
eatoninside said:
Summit White (50U) looks like it will now be an option on the Solstice. Same white on all the GM trucks.
Have they updated the system with new info or something?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Soul Stiz said:
Make a Solstice in this color and then we might have a deal:
I've never been very impressed with the burnt metalic orange unfortunately (that's jsut me though). Especially since orange is my favorite color. What I want is a nice bright orange though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Interesting that only eatoninside has the info we need. My dealer is more lost than I am when it comes to this stuff. Could it be that Bob is not solsticeman as we suspected all along but in fact is ... :brentil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,364 Posts
Soul Stiz said:
Make a Solstice in this color and then we might have a deal:
Soul Stiz,
I am not trying to scare you but since this is an open forum, may I suggest in the future when you post your car do not show your license plate. Take a picture from a diferent angle. You may want to edit your post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Soul Stiz,
I am not trying to scare you but since this is an open forum, may I suggest in the future when you post your car do not show your license plate. Take a picture from a diferent angle. You may want to edit your post.
How do you know it's her car? Anyhow I agree with her, that's the color I had hoped for. Come on Bob, it's not too late to spice up the colors a little!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Soul Stiz,
I am not trying to scare you but since this is an open forum, may I suggest in the future when you post your car do not show your license plate. Take a picture from a diferent angle. You may want to edit your post.
Curious, I've seen this comment before, and I can't figure it out, why hide your plate???? It's on your car everday you drive around. It seems it's like telling someone you won't divulge your address, and then slamming your door on them, bahhaahhaahaaa! Explanation please? I'm sure I'm mising something?

Is it in case you piss off someone like "snyper" and he turns up at your door....?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
There probably WILL be a few models in really ugly colors, just to be visually grabbing. Think about the colors of the Neons. A purple car here, a purple car there...not that I didn'y love the Plum Crazy 70 Challenger 426 hemi a classmate had in high school.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
removing license plates is really only important if you want to mantain your anonym.. anyn. anonam.... aninimit... OH F**K IT! If you want to maintain your anonymous identity.

Everyone sees your license plate every day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,364 Posts
RODEO said:
Curious, I've seen this comment before, and I can't figure it out, why hide your plate???? It's on your car everday you drive around. It seems it's like telling someone you won't divulge your address, and then slamming your door on them, bahhaahhaahaaa! Explanation please? I'm sure I'm mising something?

Is it in case you piss off someone like "snyper" and he turns up at your door....?
Rodeo,
I send you a PM with the answer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Rodeo,
I send you a PM with the answer.
LV, let's all hear why... unless it's a personal thing (which is not a problem). Guess I'm not understanding either...
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Bet we don't see Bob...errrr...S-MAn.... posting his plates on here anytime soon,, BAAHHAAAHHAAA
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top