Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I was just wondering what colours you guys are planning on getting for your solstice? I whipped up these two on photoshop and I can't decide. So tell me what colour you want and alos if you like the red or the blue better! Thanks a ton!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Blue because there are too many red cars out there already. :seeya

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like my sports cars in red! :thumbs Red really stands out and looks great! However, I may end up getting another color too. I have lived with Red on my Fiero for over 7 years now, and maybe a change would be nice.

A bright Blue would be my second option, as long is it was a bright color (not Navy, too dark for my tastes, and not powder blue, too light). I am thinking something along the line of the World Rally Blue on subaru WRX's and STi's, or the bright blue on Celica GT-S's.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I would like something like Hunter Green. I think it would go good with the only interior that has been shown.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Of the two choices, I would say the red, but in reallity I probably won't get either. Until we know the real colors who knows? I'm hoping for a burnt orange mettalic, a nice green mettallic or a deep burgendy.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If I can't have my Chrome Orange then I at least one some form of yellow color. If neither color is offered then that's a large minus to me. Doesn't mean I still wont consider it, but I wont be completely happy.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, I saw your post with that image. Looks damn sweet. :thumbs

Chrome orange is the color name given by Lotus for that color on the Elise and Espirit (as seen in the Elise image I posted you have linked there). It takes a special kind of car to look good in orange. I think the Solstice lives up to my expectations in CO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the greay in all the concept photos, but black would be nice too. I could possibly go for a burnt orange or bright yellow... not really a flamboyant guy, but I want this car to be fun. So I might go with something wild like that. :smile

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm also leaning toward the "Pewter" or "Gun Metal Grey" or the "Dark Metalic Silver" or whatever they're calling it this year (no, make that next year, darn it!). Sort of a James Dean look. Would look good with black stripes, black top and tinted windows. And, I hate to admit it, but it might not be such a pain to keep looking good as my black cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am probably the only person in the world, but I do think white can look really good on a car as well. It just needs something to break it up a bit like a pin stripe or something... could make for a nice clean looking Solstice.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree, I love the clean look of white (when it's sparkling clean that is!).

I would also go for a primer gray if a company was bold enough to release a car without any paint... yup, just the primer, saw it at an auto show once on a Scion xA (there are some pics on the net if you search for 'primer xA', and Toyota has considered actually releasing it). It actually looked really cool, its the total oppositte of any sort of glossy finish. Plus, when you get bored of it, I bet it would be quite a bit cheaper to put your own unique paint job on!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SouthPoleDesign said:
I am probably the only person in the world, but I do think white can look really good on a car as well. It just needs something to break it up a bit like a pin stripe or something... could make for a nice clean looking Solstice.
You are dead on about white. It can look very good on a car as long as the car is not completely white. I prefer white vehicles with some black striping, or trim or something. I had a 91 Probe years ago that was white. It had a black rub strip/moulding all the way around it which helped break up the white and looked very sharp. In 92 they went to painting the car all white, and it was just too much.

The other nice thing about white is it is really easy to keep clean (despite what most people think). It doesn't show dust or light dirt from a recent rain that much at all. Not like darker cars which must be washed after a few days even if its dry because they get a brownish dust hugh. Its definately an advantage if you cannot clean it all the time, but still want it to look decent.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've found yellow is a very hard color to keep clean. The problem is the color goes from looking yellowish to piss yellow as it gets dirty. The dirst doesn't show up very much, it just looks like piss.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
That is similar to what I was getting at Piipor, although the stipes may be a little too much black. Of course, it may not look like too much in the flesh. Still it gives a good contrast.

Yellow is such a funny color on a car, and most yellows just do not look right. If the color is too light, it begins to look like an Easter Egg to me. If its too dark, it screams school bus. It also can look really good in one lighting situation, such as direct sun, and then look terribly on an overcast day.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Somebody photoshop me a british racing green with a single white stripe down the passenger side. 4" wide stripe with a 1/4" pinstripe on each side.

And while you're at it, put me and a good looking girl inside. :cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What I have in mind is a basecoat of purple pearl, with a few coats of the "starlight" color from the '96 Miata M-edition. And maybe a pair of stripes from front to rear that match the width of the grill openings exactly and start from the tops of those openings. I want those stripes to be barely noticeable, though, and only in certain light. Maybe done with a light dusting of purple pearl again before several coats of clear go on.

So, can anyone photochop that one for me? :thumbs :cheers :jester

1 - 20 of 52 Posts