Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Competition mode?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  The_Ghost 
#1 ·
Just was playing with buttons and Competitive Mode came on. Was playing with traction control button. What does this mean and do all them have it? And what does this do? Was so shocked to see that on dash. Sorry it's 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Thank you.

#2 ·
Press the traction button once and you turn off traction control, press twice and you enter 'Competition' mode. Press and hold the button for...seven seconds if I recall, to turn off traction control and stability control.

Competition mode turns off traction control and changes how stabilitrack functions if I remember right. Should all be in the owner's manual, which is outside in the car, and I am watching the stove while I make dinner.

Reactions: chickenwire
#4 ·
For future reference, there is a search area in the upper right corner. This has been discussed many times before and answers to this can be easily found in that search area.

#7 ·
All the GXP have it and some of the N/A do. Comp mode what it does if the tire slip it WONT cut engine power down some and apply the brakes some. Its advantage for a drag race the launch with a stick. You have to spin the tires some to launch a stick strong and would be a learned skill. With an auto not that important as the torque converter will let it rev a little if you happen to hook to good.

If you happen to mod your car too much,in Comp mode it may try to brake the tires loose before you hit redline in 1st gear while your rolling. Stability left on would probly help in that condition. As far as turning farther off that would be for a road coarse and you would really really know how to drive

#9 · (Edited)
Comp mode depends on the vehicle it's in. For example, Corvettes and Cadillacs let you hang the rear end out in a turn.... Our cars won't do that. :( My mother had a CTS I used to love to drive it in the winter and look like a professional drift driver.... The fun part was once you hung the rear end and stayed on the gas, the car would do all in it's capability to keep the rear end out...and once you got to full opposite lock, it would let you regather a bit of control.... But it would keep the rear end out by applying brake to the opposite lock front wheel... SO...if you were turning right and you were in left opposite lock, it would apply brake to the left front wheel...no matter your speed, to keep the rear end hung out. It was so much fun.

Word to the wise with turning all the nannies off....not a good idea. I was a go-kart driver and go-karts (professional 100mph+) snap around on you very quickly once you lose traction as do these cars in the rear end. I have quick hands, legs and reflexes because of my go-karts.... and unless you do too...never turn off the nannies unless you're on a track. I learned that the first week I had my car....I almost side-slapped a Corvette in a quick race

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.