Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even after receiving my car, I still lurk on the forum quite often. I can't explain the obsession, but I can say that I am often disappointed by the ongoing negative rants about, GM, Pontiac, & the delivery process of this absolutely phenomenol car we all know as the Solstice.

First, I will admit that I too at times became frustrated with the wait in receiving the car. The dealers are being told that cars are coming & they are relating this information to customers. Then, information changes & the deliveries are delayed - this is often the case for new cars - its just the excitement surrounding the Solstice makes these delays more pronounced than the normal car.

My intent is not to upset people or attempt to justify the process associated with getting this NEW car, however it is what it is!!!

The Solstice is hands down the best overall car for the money that a person can buy currently OR anytime in the immediate future. Will there be disappointements - sure - but at the end of the day, there is NO other car on the market which gives as much for the money as the Solstice!!!! I say this not out of hype, profit motiff, or for any other reason except for what I believe to be the TRUTH - I have the money to buy any car on the market & of course some cars have advantages over the Solstice, but none, I REPEAT NONE have the overall appeal for the money as the Solstice.

So, please, please, please, try to have a little more patience & understanding to the process of receiving a newly produced car. If you can't stand it - go buy a Miata, S200 or whatever - just go away & quit compaining - you will ultimately be disappointed with your decision, but at least you'll feel OK for the next few months. For those of you who can be patient & understand the overall process, I assure you that you won't be disappointed!! This car is absolutely [email protected]*%())%)%)# phenomenal, for the money!!!

I've had the chance to drive down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in my Solstice -an SL55 AMG in front of me & a Bentley GT behind me - all camera's followed the Solstice even though the cost was less than 25K vs. the 150K & 180K respectively of the Mercedes & Bentley. Value for the money - no comparison even though I personally like both the SL 55 & the Bentley.

For those that need to rant just to keep there sanity, certainly do so, but please make your points clear. For those truly wanting to complain, please just go buy something else, OR find a little more patience & you'll be glad you did!!

:)

USA

·
5,600 Posts
:agree: Hear, hear!

·
Registered
167 Posts
:agree: :agree:
The complaining gets old. I have to listen to it every day from my wife. The last thing I want to do is listen (read it) to it hear as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
GM should have been ready!!!

USA Millionaire said:
Even after receiving my car, I still lurk on the forum quite often. I can't explain the obsession, but I can say that I am often disappointed by the ongoing negative rants about, GM, Pontiac, & the delivery process of this absolutely phenomenol car we all know as the Solstice.

First, I will admit that I too at times became frustrated with the wait in receiving the car. The dealers are being told that cars are coming & they are relating this information to customers. Then, information changes & the deliveries are delayed - this is often the case for new cars - its just the excitement surrounding the Solstice makes these delays more pronounced than the normal car.

My intent is not to upset people or attempt to justify the process associated with getting this NEW car, however it is what it is!!!

The Solstice is hands down the best overall car for the money that a person can buy currently OR anytime in the immediate future. Will there be disappointements - sure - but at the end of the day, there is NO other car on the market which gives as much for the money as the Solstice!!!! I say this not out of hype, profit motiff, or for any other reason except for what I believe to be the TRUTH - I have the money to buy any car on the market & of course some cars have advantages over the Solstice, but none, I REPEAT NONE have the overall appeal for the money as the Solstice.

So, please, please, please, try to have a little more patience & understanding to the process of receiving a newly produced car. If you can't stand it - go buy a Miata, S200 or whatever - just go away & quit compaining - you will ultimately be disappointed with your decision, but at least you'll feel OK for the next few months. For those of you who can be patient & understand the overall process, I assure you that you won't be disappointed!! This car is absolutely [email protected]*%())%)%)# phenomenal, for the money!!!

I've had the chance to drive down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in my Solstice -an SL55 AMG in front of me & a Bentley GT behind me - all camera's followed the Solstice even though the cost was less than 25K vs. the 150K & 180K respectively of the Mercedes & Bentley. Value for the money - no comparison even though I personally like both the SL 55 & the Bentley.

For those that need to rant just to keep there sanity, certainly do so, but please make your points clear. For those truly wanting to complain, please just go buy something else, OR find a little more patience & you'll be glad you did!!

:)

USA
When promoting a vehicle as sweet as the Solstice on National TV on April 14th, 2005, you'd think GM was ready to start production and deliver the car by mid-summer. What were they thinking - OH! they weren’t. Their production line was a Proto/Beta line in Detroit and the Wilmington; DE plant wasn't close to being tooled up. I truly believe GM stumbled on this one. They could have made a boatload of $$$$ if they were ready. Cars would have previewed for most of the summer and people would be flocking to get one. Let's look @ the #'s Chrysler has had the sales for the last several months GM and Ford are sales dwindling. Being on time could have helped the issue.

The new addition to my backyard, a garage is still waiting for my Solstice. The only issue is, I'm running out of time. November in Massachusetts can be snowy/salty and my baby will never be driven during that time of the year. So, I may have to wait until April of 06 to actually drive it.

Henry Ford's assembly line in the early 1900's could have produced a vehicle quicker.

BJA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I don't agree totally. I put my money down on this car on 4/16 and am going on six months and my dealer tells me my order hasn't even been picked up yet. My only complaint is that the allocation process could have been explained to me when I placed my order. It may not have affected my decision to order, but would have helped me understand why such a delay. I wasn't even aware of an allocation issue until I started spending more time on this forum a couple of months later.

Even better, GM could have revamped their allocation process for this car. They went out of the box with the design and created a great looking (and also sounds like great driving) automobile. Why couldn't they have gone out of the box a little with their allocation and delivery to market methods as well instead of staying with the same old methods?

I just get frustrated seeing people that placed orders months after I did already getting orders picked up and produced. However, all this being said I am committed to the wait however long it takes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
:agree:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I say it often and tend to agree that people need to stay patient, and understand this is essentially how most of the industry operates in regards to releasing information. It is frustrating, but it is what it is.

That said, the forum also provides people who are frustrated an opportunity to vent their frustrations with fellow enthusiats who share their frustrations. That isn't really a bad thing either.

I dislike it when people just bash GM for no good reason (there have been instances) or announce they will never buy another GM car (Don't they realize GM is more concerned with keeping their customers happy, and will not put much effort into trying to make people happy who have sworn off every buying another GM vehicle anyway), or who simply jump off the deep end.

Really, everyone has to remain patient, and maybe look to see if their expectations really are too great. GM has been delivering on what they promised, car deliveries beginning in Summer (they did), first 1000 delivered by end of October (not there yet but they are close and have over 3 more weeks to make it happen), they have announced a couple of delays with general reasons (start of production delays due to fascia fit in the press, other slowdowns mentioned on the fastlane blog).

Patience is the real key. Everyone is excited and has been waiting a while. It is easy to let your emotions carry you away. Keep them in check, realize nobody at GM is trying to be malitious, and be ready to enjoy your Sol when it arrives.

There are certainly many worse things that could happen then having to wait for a new car to arrive a couple weeks/months late. Just ask the people in New Orleans, or our troops who are under fire in Iraq. I am sure they would all love to have their biggest worry be the delivery date of a new roadster.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ummmm... pardon me - but isn't this just another form of complaining? Wow.. some people just need to take a step back and look at themselves.

True - complainers add no value to this forum.. just as your thread adds no value. It won't stop trolls from spouting will it?.... so you're just as bad as the rest of them, except for one small difference.. you're a hypocrite as well. So please.. feel free to complain about my comments. Golly gee.. maybe I'll create a thread on people who complain about complainers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree that the whiners on this forum are a pain - I simply could care less
about your problems - want me to start complaining about my trick knee
and how my doctor can't fix it? Nobody wants to hear about anybody's problems, unless you're a psychiatrist and are getting paid to do so, or perhaps wear a clerical collar. If I were GM, I wouldn't shed any tears over losing customers that are a headache and more trouble than they're worth. It's not as though GM is making a killing on this vehicle. A great car, a great price, and still you get a bunch of complaints . Complainers - go to some forum that wants to hear your whining, but stay away from here. I don't
want to read another stupid "The dealer told me that ...blah, blah,blah, and I have never been so ... ". What a bunch of powerless crybabies.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
You're disappointed, too bad, you have your car!

You ordered yours April 15th. I ordered mine April 30th.
You have your car. My car isn't being built this year.
And I still don't know if that is calendar or model.
GM says my car isn't preferenced-- my dealer says it is. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall you ranting plenty when your dealer tried to stick you with phoney dealer prep charges.

I think after waiting for five months for NOTHING, we have pelnty of right to rant.

Who cares how f---ing wonderful the car is whe WE DON"T HAVE OUR CARS! :brentil:

See, warned you all I would become a TROLL if I hung around much longer. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
First, I will admit that I too at times became frustrated with the wait in receiving the car.
Well, hello Mr. Hypocrite.................it's not nice to meet you!!

It sure is easy to say "stop complaining" when you are driving your Solstice down Rodeo Drive. :yesnod:

It's not the complainers that are the problem here........ :cool:

- bspate -

·
Registered
284 Posts
bspate said:
It sure is easy to say "stop complaining" when you are driving your Solstice down Rodeo Drive. :yesnod:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
To everyone in this thread.

Attacking someone else and calling them names on the forum is against forum rules. There are a couple intended attacks in here and some name calling. Such actions are not tolerated on the forum, so please do not make it habit because temporary or permanent bans may result.

We don't want to have to do it, so please, play nice.

Besides, there more than a couple instances of the pot meeting the kettle here.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bspate said:
Well, hello Mr. Hypocrite.................it's not nice to meet you!!

It's not the complainers that are the problem here........ :cool:

- bspate -

:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Firebird99 said:
Well, I don't agree totally. I put my money down on this car on 4/16 and am going on six months and my dealer tells me my order hasn't even been picked up yet. My only complaint is that the allocation process could have been explained to me when I placed my order. It may not have affected my decision to order, but would have helped me understand why such a delay. I wasn't even aware of an allocation issue until I started spending more time on this forum a couple of months later.

Even better, GM could have revamped their allocation process for this car. They went out of the box with the design and created a great looking (and also sounds like great driving) automobile. Why couldn't they have gone out of the box a little with their allocation and delivery to market methods as well instead of staying with the same old methods?

I just get frustrated seeing people that placed orders months after I did already getting orders picked up and produced. However, all this being said I am committed to the wait however long it takes.
I agree with this because I know my only real frustration was finding out after the fact about the allocation system. Obviously the Solstice has been unique for GM and it's dealers, but just having that explained to me ahead of time would have been a big help. But, that said, the process is what it is and it's not going to change. So, we do need to just be patient and wait. We will eventually get a Sol.

LBJay
World Wars?
Now it's Word Wars! ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
First, I will admit that I too at times became frustrated with the wait in receiving the car.

I have the money to buy any car on the market

This car is absolutely [email protected]*%())%)%)#

I've had the chance to drive down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in my Solstice -an SL55 AMG in front of me & a Bentley GT behind me -...... - no comparison even though I personally like both the SL 55 & the Bentley.

USA
I'm happy for you..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts