Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I've compiled a comprehensive production report of all 1,266 Solstice Coupes built. The report provides each vehicle’s color, specifies coupe/GXP, Manual/Auto, “Build” date*, export/domestic and some misc. data. Attached is a MS Word document with 4 high level overview areas including data split into the following segments:

• 102 pre-ship to commerce coupes w/ VINs from 9Y105993-9Y107442
• 1,152 sequential VIN Pontiac Solstice Coupes
• 12 Model year 2010s
• Final compilation statistics of all the above

Note: I found 102 Pre-ship to commerce coupes - 1 more than originally thought existed.

Second attached is an Excel file with 4 spreadsheets
1. Pre-ship to Commerce
2. Sequential VIN Coupes
3. 2010 Models
4. Total 1,266 cars on one spreadsheet

Instead of locking the info down as a PDF, I’ve had a number of people ask me for previous data I’ve provided it in Excel format so they can do their own searches within the data. I had to ZIP the file because the Forum's system was not allowing me to upload an XLS. So here you go. I’m hoping nobody takes this database - which as of now I know is accurate - and gets the data out of order and makes it into something that it is not. We all know the information that goes along with a VIN stays constant.

I’ve provided a brief explanation regarding Build Dates. I’ve also attached two screen grabs from the system that show how two VINs that are adjacent to each other actually have for lack of a better term "build dates" which differ substantially from one another. (One is VIN 9y107256 built on 3/23 and then VIN 276 built on 3/04... Don’t ask me). I've seen enough debate about that. The Important Thing is we have a count of all the vehicles and whether they are: GXP or N/A, Auto or Manual, what Color, and where in N. America they went.

In answer to questions about how much more production information can be provided and how much further can we break the info down, it’s not a question of can it be done, it’s a question of keeping someone’s sanity.

View attachment 16293

View attachment 16294

View attachment 16295

View attachment 16296

View attachment 16297
wow im impressed thanks for the hard work

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
ok thank you. Do you have a link to a thread or anything that I can read and learn on? I'd appreciate it :)
Go to the first message in this thread, download the zip file in that message. Inside the zip is an excel file with a separate line for each of the 1266 coupes.

The data available in each line is GXP/NA, Auto/manual trans, color.

Sort, hash, dash whatever you need to do to answer your questions.

Have fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GXP Manuals

I've compiled a comprehensive production report of all 1,266 Solstice Coupes built. The report provides each vehicle’s color, specifies coupe/GXP, Manual/Auto, “Build” date*, export/domestic and some misc. data. Attached is a MS Word document with 4 high level overview areas including data split into the following segments:

• 102 pre-ship to commerce coupes w/ VINs from 9Y105993-9Y107442
• 1,152 sequential VIN Pontiac Solstice Coupes
• 12 Model year 2010s
• Final compilation statistics of all the above

Note: I found 102 Pre-ship to commerce coupes - 1 more than originally thought existed.

Second attached is an Excel file with 4 spreadsheets
1. Pre-ship to Commerce
2. Sequential VIN Coupes
3. 2010 Models
4. Total 1,266 cars on one spreadsheet

Instead of locking the info down as a PDF, I’ve had a number of people ask me for previous data I’ve provided it in Excel format so they can do their own searches within the data. I had to ZIP the file because the Forum's system was not allowing me to upload an XLS. So here you go. I’m hoping nobody takes this database - which as of now I know is accurate - and gets the data out of order and makes it into something that it is not. We all know the information that goes along with a VIN stays constant.

I’ve provided a brief explanation regarding Build Dates. I’ve also attached two screen grabs from the system that show how two VINs that are adjacent to each other actually have for lack of a better term "build dates" which differ substantially from one another. (One is VIN 9y107256 built on 3/23 and then VIN 276 built on 3/04... Don’t ask me). I've seen enough debate about that. The Important Thing is we have a count of all the vehicles and whether they are: GXP or N/A, Auto or Manual, what Color, and where in N. America they went.

In answer to questions about how much more production information can be provided and how much further can we break the info down, it’s not a question of can it be done, it’s a question of keeping someone’s sanity.

View attachment 16293

View attachment 16294

View attachment 16295

View attachment 16296

View attachment 16297
Thank you for all the work you did to compile this. I'm the owner of vin # 539 GXP Manual. It is my understanding they only made 226 manual's but I wasn't sure if that was just GXP's or all manuals. I tried counting them but kept losing track of where I was at...lol

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
Thank you for all the work you did to compile this. I'm the owner of vin # 539 GXP Manual. It is my understanding they only made 226 manual's but I wasn't sure if that was just GXP's or all manuals. I tried counting them but kept losing track of where I was at...lol
Download the zip package, unzip it, use the Excel spreadsheet and you can sort and hash and dash the database pretty much any way you want to.

I do it all the time when people have questions like yours. I'd do it for you except I'm away from my normal machine and on the road for the weekend. There is another thread by the OP that has all the breakouts from the data in one place.

Good luck!

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
In the data of the first post I read that 9Y106110 is a coupe. The complete VIN I have is 1G2MN35B79Y106110 ? The 6th digit being a 2 seems to indicate this is a convertible and not a coupe ?

I just checked compnine, and 1G2MN35B79Y106110 is listed as a SOLSTICE 2 DR CONVERTIBLE

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
Does anyone have insight on this ? Might there be one coupe less ?

Only 1265 and not 1266 ?

That is without the Concept coupe (with EX VIN) that started out as a Convertible.
As I said before: When it comes to pre-production cars, all bets are off.

If it ended up as a coupe, who cares where it started it's life.

Life is too short to obsess over an occasional oddity.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I am nut sure what you mean with you reply.

The best proof would be an image of kappa 9Y106110 ( which I think is vin 1G2MN35B79Y106110 ). A photo could proof coup/convertible. Perhaps I will stumble upon it in the future.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
I agree that the full vin is 1G2MN35B79Y106110.

I also ran Compnine, and it sure appears to be a convertible, right down to the RPO for an Ebony convertible top.

Perhaps GXPvin49 made a mistake in his original research? We'll never know: His Last Activity: 08-30-2013 04:12 PM

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I set up an google aler for the vin. Now just wait ..... :)

Also got the carfax so I know the dealer , but think I won't get a reply when I contact him.

For now I will just assume there is one coupe less

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
What actually happened to the factory records? Did GM retain them, and are they available for verification of things like this?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
What actually happened to the factory records? Did GM retain them, and are they available for verification of things like this?
GM has the records, but they are "old" GM, and the current regime, "new" GM, is a lot stricter with what items are released to the public.

As an example, the "old" GM used to publish production records, by plant, every month, on the investor sections of their web site. That is where I got all the production records that ended up published here on the forum. This practice ended with the advent of the "new" GM.

Under the "new" regime, I imagine that you would need to go through the Heritage Museum, hope that they might take an interest, and then you'd get an answer in about 10 seconds.

As a practical matter, any GM dealer can run the VIN through GMVIS and tell you in about 10 seconds that the car was a convertible, just as RedOne07 and I have run the VIN through CompNine and discovered it's a convertible.

The real question here is why GXPvin49 listed it on the Coupe List in message 1 of this thread. The VIN immediately preceding the one in question WAS a coupe, so I suspect that it was an erroneous listing.

The one advantage of GMVIS is that you only need the last 8 of the VIN, which is the unique part of the ID. Model year, plant and sequence number. The report it produces has the full VIN listed.

When we were looking for the 2010 Kappas, someone mentioned "How long would it take to sit down, pull up GMVIS, and type AY100001 thru . . . . ?", and a half hour later we had 'em.

It really becomes an issue of access to the GM System, and knowing who to ask . . . :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have seen a green solstice for sale, how come I don't see any documentation on this color?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,551 Posts
I have seen a green solstice for sale, how come I don't see any documentation on this color?
Because this thread doesn't have color info. Green was called "Envious" in the Solstice world.

I have attached below two PDF files that have the Color Details.

If you need more, ask. I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 157 Posts