Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Just wondering how many manual coupes were made that were gxps only. Thanks.
281, IIRC. Not a big pool to choose from if that's what one is searching for.

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
I have seen a green solstice for sale, how come I don't see any documentation on this color?
What do you mean by documentation ? I own an Envious Green Solstice proper name Emerald Jewel Metallic (05) (38u) and per CompNine 630 were produced in 2007 Now when you want to run a breakdown as far as how many had the combination of a tan top and sand and steel interior that's where I've run into a roadblock .PHS does not carry any information on our cars they are to new

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thought I would check in here as I used this thread to pique my interest and learn over a year ago. This culminated in my purchase of 0994 yesterday. :)

As a side note, "wspohn" makes me smile everytime I look at his signature... its like a lost twin brother or something. Same name, own an MGA, had a Twin Cam, seriously looked at a Z4Mcoupe.. but sidetracked my way into 6 TVRs..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Side note here after continuing to read threads in my spare time and a little digging..

wspohn noted "291" manual GXP coupes earlier and was very happy about how rare they were (lol, now I can't remember if in this thread or another!) So, I'm going with the 291 number.

I finally pored over the coupe list and counted. There were 40 Cool (67U) Silver GXP manual coupes made. (Like mine) My other question couldn't be answered via that list... how many total had A/C?

And a BIG side note.... BOY did this thread take sideroads all over!

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Actually I am sad that there were so few - it indicates a buying public for sports cars that is increasingly 'shiftless'.

Sports cars have been traditionally a manual shift monopoly - until they came up with automatics that will hold a gear and will not shift until you tell it to. Having a sudden shift when you are all gung out in a corner is not conducive to staying on the road!

As to silver GXP manual coupes, the info we have indicates 41 were made, but finding out how many of those came with air would require someone with continued access to Compnine to find out. There were only 14 gray manual GXP coupes, two of which live where I do - possibly ordered by the same dealer?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Actually I am sad that there were so few - it indicates a buying public for sports cars that is increasingly 'shiftless'.

Sports cars have been traditionally a manual shift monopoly - until they came up with automatics that will hold a gear and will not shift until you tell it to. Having a sudden shift when you are all gung out in a corner is not conducive to staying on the road!

As to silver GXP manual coupes, the info we have indicates 41 were made, but finding out how many of those came with air would require someone with continued access to Compnine to find out. There were only 14 gray manual GXP coupes, two of which live where I do - possibly ordered by the same dealer?
Do you have access to the different colored manual GXP coupes already counted?...

And I agree... future theftproofing will be to merely own a manual shift.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Pretty sure this is on the site somewhere, but have you seen these?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pretty sure this is on the site somewhere, but have you seen these?
THANKS Bill! I had NOT seen that and it is EXACTLY what I was looking For!!! Colors broken down to amounts of each model and transmission! Killer!:bow:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
#873 is still running strong, just had to purchase new front fascia and lower air dam honeycomb strip. Broke the little air dam bottom section and strip broke at connections. Broke driver’s side door handle and had it fixed. The center pad cracked and bought new one. Other than that it is doing very well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year of Solstice production

Thx for the production spreadsheet. According to that, I have the #1 of 5 2009 Solstice coupe in Hydro Metallic Blue w/ AT. I guess that would make it rare?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I guess that would make it rare?
Some argue that all Kappas are rare because only 107000+ plus were built, others argue that there are no rare Kappa because it is just a car and there are over 1500000000 cars in the world. :) Also remember that rare normally does not mean $$$
But it is definitely a great feeling and something to be proud of to have a rare Kappa like you have !

Just checked. My super ordinary nothing special Kappa is 1 of 1

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
There were also a bunch (16) of that light blue in GXP form.

I looked at the only one that came to Canada in the dark blue (you guys down there called it Deep - how do you feel, BTW, having the colour names of your cars given to popularize a TV show featuring your now president...)
- it was at a local dealer. Sady it was an auto, or I'd have bought it. You'd call it Deep - the only one that came to Canada.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts