Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well moment of truth time lol. Just bought a new compression tester to make sure all is well. Actually I have no reason to suspect anything as the car and turbo have run flawlessly. However, I think I am going to sell the car and I just want to make sure there are no issues for known issues. For reference I have been running 27 psi daily driven on E54 since about February.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
E54?
where do you live that you can get this kind of fuel?
I have heard of E85...

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
E54?
where do you live that you can get this kind of fuel?
I have heard of E85...
Arizona replaced E85 with E54. It has about 90% of the knock resistance of E85.

it's a proportional mix of E85 and E87

Bill
How would that work? Do you mean that it is a mix of E85 and 87?

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
Heh! I was just wondering how it wouldn't result in E86 :)
That was my first thought too. I guess at 50-50, it would.

The chart does confirm that E54 at approx 103 octane, would have 95% of the rating of E85 at 109.
The chart only shows mixing E85 with 91 and 93 octane, so I wonder about the results with 87.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, E54 is straight from the pump in AZ. It actually works well with the Solstice. No hassle mixing so I can top off anytime and not have to run the tank all the way down. Plus I can make it work with the stock fuel system (barely).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi znaut, if you can't sell the car because it has an aftermarket turbo and you decide to go back to stock I would be really interested in buying the efr 6758 :)

I just checked the compression on mine and it ranged from 145-150 psi, my car has 104k miles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi znaut, if you can't sell the car because it has an aftermarket turbo and you decide to go back to stock I would be really interested in buying the efr 6758 :)
Putting it back to stock and selling the parts was plan B. However, after spending the weekend driving a bunch of C6/C7 Corvettes I wasn't really blown away. With the exception of the C7 Z06 the Solstice felt quicker and more fun than everything else. It also has slightly more headroom than the C7s. And it certainly saves me a ton of money. I may have to just keep playing with the Solstice for the time being.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts