Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered the Rear Lip Spoiler (CARBON FIBER)
Item # RLS-CF for my Solstice on May 20, From AFTERSHOCK and I have not yet received a tracking number on my order or delivery. I was charged $38 for delivery so I assumed it would be shipped without hesitation or delay.

Has anyone had any difficulty with orders from them or is it just a weird delay?

I would appreciate a response from someone associated with the company.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think its Aftershock, the company Fhaeton is talking about.

Sorry Fhaeton, I haven't had any dealings with Aftershock, so I can help you,:sorry:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I ordered the Rear Lip Spoiler (CARBON FIBER)
Item # RLS-CF for my Solstice on May 20, From AFTERSHOCK and I have not yet received a tracking number on my order or delivery. I was charged $38 for delivery so I assumed it would be shipped without hesitation or delay.

Has anyone had any difficulty with orders from them or is it just a weird delay?

I would appreciate a response from someone associated with the company.
hi Fhaeton...

I received your e-mail this AM and had sent you a response already. I sent RK Sport an e-mail last night inquiring about your tracking number as they had told me last week that they were going to ship it out and send me the tracking number which they didn't yet. FYI, RK had responded to my inquiry this AM and will be shipping out your spoiler later today in which they'll send me the tracking number then. I'll forward it to you once I get it for your reference. Let me know if you have any further questions.

rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Uhh... not sure how to respond to your response there Fhaeton. But, I'll respond in the most professional manner I can to your reaction.

I placed your order with RK Sport the next day after I received your order. They're the ones making your spoiler not me. The carbon fiber spoiler takes a few more days to fabricate than the regular glass spoiler. You have to understand that RK does NOT carry these spoiler in their inventory where they can just pull form the shelf and ship next day to you. These parts are custom made by hand and are started right after they receive my PO which, I said before, was sent to them the next day.

You also have tounderstand that carbon fiber parts are not meant to be RUSHED. If you do so, then screw it up which hurts everyone at the end.

Actually, I was surprised how quickly RK turned this part around for you. It normally take 2-3 weeks to produce the carbon fiber version. I consider 9 days to be very lucky for you. FYI, RK does make other parts for other vendors and vehicles so their production schedule could take longer if their booked up.

For the future, if you have any issues with anything to do with your order, PM or e-mail me and patiently wait til I respond to you. I may not respond within the next 5 minutes of your e-mail. But, I will respond to you and provide you all the answers to your inquiry and frustrations.

rudy

OMG I am so upset with AfterShock products I can't frackin believe this.

That is really disappointing news seeing as though it is just now going out. I believe you said that last week after I ordered and now its been 4 work days of absolutely no activity. $38 for shipping and having ordered it over 9 days ago will not look good on your work record, I ordered that on Wednesday May 20, 2009 today is 9 days later and it's just now been sent to shipping. >8 You guys had 7 or 8 work days just to mail the product out to me and your just now doing it?
I think I deserve some type of discount or waiver on the shipping cost at least since I now have to wait maybe another week for delivery because someone forgot to ship it!

On May 29, 2009, at 12:04 PM, rudy wrote:

hi Jevon...

RK Sport had told me it's being shipped out today and that they will send me the tracking number when UPS picks up the package. Once I get the number, I'll forward it to you. I'll be in touch again soon.

rudy

aftershockproducts.com

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Rudy,
What a lot of people may not understand when dealing with a small specialized company such as yours, is that these parts are not sitting on a shelf ready to go but must be built after the order is placed. Perhaps if you mention this when someone places an order it will eliminate some of the concern. Sure you can put it on your website but we all know that no one reads everything there.

Just a suggestion.

John

·
Registered
601 Posts
Rudy,
What a lot of people may not understand when dealing with a small specialized company such as yours, is that these parts are not sitting on a shelf ready to go but must be built after the order is placed. Perhaps if you mention this when someone places an order it will eliminate some of the concern. Sure you can put it on your website but we all know that no one reads everything there.

Just a suggestion.

John
Thanks John. I'll have to update my site to include your suggestion so no one will get the wrong impression.

rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
I got to say I love my wing from aftershock, so its well worth the wait. Rudy, you going to the Nationals?
hey Paul...

I was really trying to make it this time since I didn't go to last years. Unfortunately, I'm already booked to go out of town that weekend with the family. Annual family vacation you know. So, in the mean time, I'm pushing to get new stuff out before the Nationals for those who want to purchase and get them on their cars before the meet. Would've like to meet you in person too.

rudy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Installion

Hi Solster,
I'm also interested in one of these (The rear spoiler), but I don't want to drill any holes. Does it attach by 3M tape? I saw on the web that it uses this. Is it secure enough? Does it sit right?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I have had the spoiler for a long time but had not had a chnce to put it on my car until now--it is being attached to my new 09 GXP right now--I am so excited and can hardly wait to see it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi Solster,
I'm also interested in one of these (The rear spoiler), but I don't want to drill any holes. Does it attach by 3M tape? I saw on the web that it uses this. Is it secure enough? Does it sit right?

Thanks.
hi ddragon...

The spoiler does come with installation hardware along with the industrial strength 3M automotive tape. For legality sake, I can only recommend utlizing both the tape and hardware to install the spoiler. However, I know many others who opted the hardware and went with the tape alone and have had no issues it the spoiler coming off. Trust me, it's pretty strong tape and as long as you prep the surface of the bumper accordingly, you'll be surprised to see how secure it is. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks.

rudy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts