Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read with interest about what appears to be excellent aftermarket performance items. Having extensively modified road racing and road sportbikes where mods require extensive remaping of the fuel injection system by replaceing the original or adding an inline unit. I am concerned about exhaust and intake additions to the Solstice without fuel injection maping modifications and the effect on performance re: proper maping.
Additionally I am concerned about annual vehicle emitions inspections. Should these mods cause the vehicle to fail an annual inspection the only recourse I can see is to do a lot or work to return the vehicle to stock delivery status which means you have spent a lot of money for nothing.
Having see a lot of expertise on our forum I am sure there will those able to accurately answer my concerns and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi Chuck,

My Grand Prix GTP has extensive intake & exhaust modifications, and I have not had to touch the fuel injection system and I have no problem with emissions. I can understand your concerns, and I'm sure there will be some products that hit the market that cause problems. But I'm also sure that with all the aftermarket attention the Sol is getting (SEMA INVASION), there will be plenty of products that bolt right on without any problems. My suggestion to you, if you're that concerned, is just to refrain from being one of the pioneers. There are plenty of us willing to bolt on anything short of a nuclear powered flux capacitor and I'm sure the good stuff will filter down to a "must have" list on this forum.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Where can I get one of these nuclear powered flux capacitors? Sign me up! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts