Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a call from my salesperson last Friday. So happens I was out of town on business and didn't get the call till today. Called her up to find out what was happening. When I ordered the car I said I was hoping to get it in February or March of next year so I could build up a nice down payment.

I placed my order in late August. Since then I learned that the dealer had another order. I thought that I was #2 of 2 in his allocation. Come to find out I was #1 of 2. Today the salesperson told me that the GM informed her the dealer is losing his second allocation car because GM is cutting production.

The GM wanted to know if I still wanted to wait and get the car in February/March. The kicker is that he's not sure if he'll get another allocation, so I might end up waiting for an '07.

The salesperson told me I could think about it and let her know sometime this week. I said I didn't need to think about it. Place my order and I'll take it when it arrives. After hearing about how much people are enjoying their cars I've really begun to get the itch to drive one. Look's like that'll happen around November or December.

PS, can anyone confirm if supplier pricing is available on the Solstice?

Edited for correct model years.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Supplier Pricing....

ojohnson said:
I got a call from my salesperson last Friday. So happens I was out of town on business and didn't get the call till today. Called her up to find out what was happening. When I ordered the car I said I was hoping to get it in February or March of next year so I could build up a nice down payment.

I placed my order in late August. Since then I learned that the dealer had another order. I thought that I was #2 of 2 in his allocation. Come to find out I was #1 of 2. Today the salesperson told me that the GM informed her the dealer is losing his second allocation car because GM is cutting production.

The GM wanted to know if I still wanted to wait and get the car in February/March. The kicker is that he's not sure if he'll get another allocation, so I might end up waiting for an '06.

The salesperson told me I could think about it and let her know sometime this week. I said I didn't need to think about it. Place my order and I'll take it when it arrives. After hearing about how much people are enjoying their cars I've really begun to get the itch to drive one. Look's like that'll happen around November or December.

Yes, its available, but it is the Dealers Perogative to accept the supplier pricing. Hopefully, you have a good relationship with your dealer. If not, it's a 50/50 chance. Just keep visiting dealers, until you find one that will work with you. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I believve GMS and GM Supplier discount are two different things. GMS is employee pricing and then there is the GM Supplier discount. I hope you get it. I didn't get it. I would think its very difficult to get the discount because it is up to the dealer. With low profits, if any, I would be content with MSRP. My opinion only - grain of salt. can't sleep. have nothing else to do.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ojohnson said:

The GM wanted to know if I still wanted to wait and get the car in February/March. The kicker is that he's not sure if he'll get another allocation, so I might end up waiting for an '06.

You mean wait for 2006 . The allocations now are 2006.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
deluke said:
You mean wait for 2006 . The allocations now are 2006.
No, I might end up waiting for an '07 because the dealer has indicated that he might not get another '06 allocation unit at all. Since he only received 1 unit in his first 4 month allocation, and Pontiac has cut 5000 units from production, he's worried he might not get any more before the '07 model year.

Edited for correct model years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ojohnson said:
No, I might end up waiting for an '06 because the dealer has indicated that he might not get another '05 allocation unit at all. Since he only received 1 unit in his first 4 month allocation, and Pontiac has cut 5000 units from production, he's worried he might not get any more before the '06 model year.
I'm confused, when is the cut off between '05 & '06?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deluke said:
There is no 05 solstice. The Solstice is a new 06 model.(First year) so if you wait it would be an 07 model but you can buy it in 06.
You are correct. I think I must be asleep while I type lately. :crazy: I can get an '06 sometime around November/December. If I wait I might have to wait for an '07 model. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts