79 Posts
Call from GM HQ

I called 1-888-539-0256 three times today, spoke to three differant
people and received the same answer. The call can be anytime over the next
two weeks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I had an e-mail message this eve subject: "You have qualified" My excitement was quickly spelled though, it was just one of those quicky loan deals. :cuss:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Confirmation?

I am also in "Pending" status and going crazy! I called my dealer today and asked him to go to his site and do what the post said...Log in...put in password and finally check order status. He said YES...I was in pending status and that was good....but NO phone call yet! He said he was going to try to find something out to help me calm down. I'll keep posting information as I get it. Ron from Ohio

·
Registered
100 Posts
conejo148 said:
I didn't read it. I called and asked. It is logical in a sense, that they want to have the entrire waitlist compiled before they have to go to it. Also, it gives Pontiac a "snapshot" of the number of units they need to prepare to build, maybe ramp up a little faster.

Now, if this is truly the case (I emailed Area Mgr to find out,) you need to do a couple of things.

1. Get your order into VOMS, and apply that order number to your waitlisted unit so you are eligible for the EOP, if you are bumped up into a pending status.

2. Wait for next week. We've been waiting for months, some for years, a few MORE weeks isn't going to kill anyone.
My status is pending for one of the first 1000. Is that good Cone?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
called by Pontiac!

Stopped at my dealer late this afternoon and finalized my options then went to McD'S to celebrate with my son and got a call while sitting there. Couldn't hear a thing except blahblahblahpontiac so I ran outside and answered questions, confirmed phone #'s and address, gave my license #,etc. It's finally done!!!!Have to fax the front and back of my drivers license tomorrow and that seems to be it. My dealer thinks he'll get info on projected delivery time soon. Good luck to all

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
mobboss said:
Stopped at my dealer late this afternoon and finalized my options then went to McD'S to celebrate with my son and got a call while sitting there. Couldn't hear a thing except blahblahblahpontiac so I ran outside and answered questions, confirmed phone #'s and address, gave my license #,etc. It's finally done!!!!Have to fax the front and back of my drivers license tomorrow and that seems to be it. My dealer thinks he'll get info on projected delivery time soon. Good luck to all
Looks like they might be doing it in order. You're the first one in Excelsior's spreadsheet by a landslide. General, SATCH and lawson381 are on deck!

·
Registered
936 Posts
What time did you get the call? Was that number listed as your primary number?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Way to go mobboss. I bet you are some kind of relieved. That answers the question of them waiting until Monday to start calls. Hope they get to me soon as the suspense is killing me. Good Luck to everyone

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mobboss said:
...got a call while sitting there. Couldn't hear a thing except blahblahblahpontiac so I ran outside and answered questions, confirmed phone #'s and address, gave my license #,etc. It's finally done!!!!Have to fax the front and back of my drivers license tomorrow and that seems to be it.
Congratulations! :party:

That is also good news for the rest of us who are sitting on the edges of our seats.:eek: Once again, Pontiac seems to be trying as best the can to set expectations low so that they don't disappoint anyone.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Maybe the run is on! I'll be near dead last. Wisconsin prohibits copying of driver's license for ID purposes, but I think I will make an exception!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Forgot to say Thanks to mobboss for keeping us informed.

Crimsom, I am just 5 seconds ahead of you in the listings so we will have to see who gets the call first !

Guess I will be sticking close to the phone over the weekend, may have to use call forwarding to my cell if I need to go somewhere. Somehow I ended up with my home phone for daytime and cell for evening. Called the call center and talked with a confused sounding woman and tried to get the numbers changed to my cell. Sure hope she got it right.
Good Luck to everyone

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
PAS22 said:
Wisconsin prohibits copying of driver's license for ID purposes, but I think I will make an exception!
I don't think they are looking for your driver's license to prove your identity, but rather to prove that you are licensed to drive, which is an EOP requirement. I don't know how else you would verify that you are a licensed driver other than to provide a copy of your driver's license. :yesnod:

Just trying to help with the legal mumbojumbo, for those who are concerned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just posted to the Pontiac Calls, Pontiac Calls thread that I just got my confirmation call. Not sure we have a thread just for that yet, but since people are mentioning it in this one two I thought I would chime in.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts