Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to put my deposit in today, I was told there was a slight delay and that the late September/early October release that we've been hearing about is true.

It's kinda good since I ordered it with the polished rims, which aren't available until September.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Adrenaline said:
It's kinda good since I ordered it with the polished rims, which aren't available until September.
Polished rims are available now. Its the chrome that aren't available until September. Which only makes sense, since you can't enter an order now for items that aren't available yet.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Crome wheels in September...

Adrenaline said:
When I went to put my deposit in today, I was told there was a slight delay and that the late September/early October release that we've been hearing about is true.

The polished rims were never a constraint... It was the Crome wheels.

Time for you to report your findings. ;)...
  1. So, did you get your MSRP in writing using an agreement form like the one I suggested?
  2. Do you know how many first 4 month units your dealer was allocated?
  3. What position in the 4 month allocation are you?
  4. Did your dealer seem to understand the ordering process?
  5. What colors did you order?
Congratulations, by the way! :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:

1. So, did you get your MSRP in writing using an agreement form like the one I suggested?

Are you sure about that? My dealer told me both Chrome and polished were not available at this time.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Delnari said:
Are you sure about that? My dealer told me both Chrome and polished were not available at this time.
Only chrome as far as we've heard...I'd have him check again...my order has polished alum.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Delnari said:
Your dealer doesn't know how to read then. :D
Polished wheels are available at this time for $495 I think. Chrome is 'supposed' to be available Sept 2005.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Delnari said:
Delnari,

Was it Rob that told you that? He told me the same thing. I told him I thought he was wrong, but didn't push it. I would like to put the polished on my order but he said it wasn't available. I still think it is, though.

If you call him to change your configuration, have him change my config too. They're probably tired of hearing from me and I don't want to push my luck.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
That's funny, because I've talked with people that were told that ONLY polished wheels were available if you got A/C or something like that.
Now that definetly sounds like a dealer trying to screw over a customer.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crimson Avenger said:

-Yes I did get it in writing about the MSRP, they were all adament about not marking it up. It was one of the first things the manager said to me. He told me another dealer nearby was marking up a couple thousand simply because it's a low production car.
-They got 1 of the 1st 1000s and they're getting 3 regular allocations, I'm #2 on the regular allocations.
-The manager was in the room with me and 2 other sales people who got a call yesterday about the whole process, so he was pretty knowledgable about the ordering process of putting me in as "sold-pending" on the wait list. He said they got a confirmation call this Morning about the woman who got one of the 1st 1000s, she was there at 1:45 if you want to add that to the list. It was in Harrisonburg, VA.
-I got Sly along with everything else, but XM Radio and the smoker's package.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to add, I got 2 of those Solstice posters as well :) They were going to give me one those cool DVD information packets, but they only had 1. They said when I pick up the car they should have more and I can get one then.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congratulations!

Adrenaline said:
-Yes I did get it in writing about the MSRP, they were all adamant about not marking it up. It was one of the first things the manager said to me. He told me another dealer nearby was marking up a couple thousand simply because it's a low production car.
-They got 1 of the 1st 1000s and they're getting 3 regular allocations, I'm #2 on the regular allocations.
-The manager was in the room with me and 2 other sales people who got a call yesterday about the whole process, so he was pretty knowledgeable about the ordering process of putting me in as "sold-pending" on the wait list. He said they got a confirmation call this Morning about the woman who got one of the 1st 1000s, she was there at 1:45 if you want to add that to the list. It was in Harrisonburg, VA.
-I got Sly along with everything else, but XM Radio and the smoker's package.
:) Sounds like you did just fine. GREAT! :)

The reason that I had pressed so hard is that here, and in previous threads, your posts left me with the sickening feeling that you might get steamrollered by a suboptimal dealer.

All options except XM... Did you really get the previously constrained OnStar? I've thought about adding it...

Sly? Yup, saw it on a CTS my self and it's pretty close to the original concept's color. It was my choice as well. Which interior color for the Premium package?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was getting that feeling too about this dealer, but they came through after all :)

Yeah I didn't get OnStar either, it wasn't even showing up on the VOM screen, I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I got the two tone leather.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I was getting that feeling too about this dealer, but they came through after all :)

Yeah I didn't get OnStar either, it wasn't even showing up on the VOM screen, I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I got the two tone leather.
Good!, I am glad that your skepticism had been raised as well. I'm even more pleased that you found an excellent dealer willing to sell at MSRP. Bravo!

For the skeptics among you, there ARE good dealers like Conejo148 and Small Dealer--go find one, and don't be afraid to drive to the next town!

Our cars will be all but identical. Same exterior/interior. I selected the non CD changer upgraded radio and added XM and Monsoon. I've got an iPod, so it is my hope that the middle tier radio will have a port for one of the external OEM CD changers--there are now adapters to allow a modicum of iPod control using that interface. No, it's not as tightly integrated as on the BMW system wherein they even have the menus and names of the artists and songs displayed, but it will be enough to allow skipping songs from the steering wheel.

By the way, were you able to order the floor mats? They weren't showing up on 2005-04-15 when we put mine into the system....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only had to drive 160 miles both ways to find one :) The Charlie O. Pontiac dealer in Harrisonburg, VA still has 1 regular allocation available, so if anyone wants to get in that's an option.

Back in high school I had a mp3 cd player so I converted all my cds to mp3 cds, having a 6 disc mp3 changer sounded too nice to pass up :)

And yes, I was able to order the floor mats.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Been one of the old members and just having received my phone call I am going to post here and other threads to make sure people are aware of the process.
It is conducted RANDOMLY!! there are a number of people that do the calls and each person gets a batch of names to call.
NO alphabetic or Time Stamp, so do NOT go by any of the previuos methods.
The phone number they use is the one from the Apprentice information that you left. I like others were concerned since the print out my dealer gave me had the numbers reverse, meaning the phone number I had listed on the Apprentice site as the number to call, was listed on this print out as the number to call at night. I ask her (her name was Judy) to tell me what number she was calling me on and she gave me the one I had indicated on the Apprentice site as the main number.
So the bottom line is you will get a phone call, as of to WHEN is going to be RANDOM folks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts