Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused about this advance code 3000. I was told I have a vin# 2 weeks #1232. but no word on when the car is due. My dealer doesn't seem to know very much. How can I find out when my car is due? Any information is appreciated. :willy:

·
Registered
819 Posts
cpeck said:
I am a little confused about this advance code 3000. I was told I have a vin# 2 weeks #1232. but no word on when the car is due. My dealer doesn't seem to know very much. How can I find out when my car is due? Any information is appreciated. :willy:
Your dealer sounds as clueless as many. My Sales manager sent me an email on 9/14 stating my VIN and that my car came off the line the day before, 9/13. Yesterday, I decided to ask him the status of my order. He emailed back that he had called DBC and they told him the car was awaiting QC and that it was built 9/19. They work with the information that they get, which can be wrong, are clueless how to use the system or just make something up.

Dont' get me wrong. There are a number of dealers, like CC and SD, that deal the way the people on this Forum would prefer, but there are many others who are clueless, and some that are just downright deceiptful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, I don't like to think poorly of my dealer, I have been using him all my life. I just feel like sometimes I know more than he does. Also, he can't give me a total price. This does have my husband a little worried. I ordered everything but smokers package.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Once your car ships unfortunately the only way to know where you car is or an accurate delivery date is through your dealership by having them call the DBC I believe, or is it BDC, I don't remember now.

The most details CC could give you is "yes it's shipped" and after that point he can't give you anymore information since he's not your dealer.

·
Registered
819 Posts
cpeck said:
thanks for the info, I don't like to think poorly of my dealer, I have been using him all my life. I just feel like sometimes I know more than he does. Also, he can't give me a total price. This does have my husband a little worried. I ordered everything but smokers package.
Thanks again
A couple of things, the people on this Forum are very helpful, and seem to be much more informed on this car than most dealers and their sales people. So, you have come to the right place.

Second, the pricing CAN change slightly, but you can get an idea of what your car would cost at MSRP, but going to www.pontiac.com and building your car, with its specific packages. That would give you an idea of the prices today. GM has brought out a couple of small price increases since I ordered in April, but the changes have been minor and limited to just a few items. I just hope your dealer is not one who tells you when your car comes in that they are charging fees or markup. There have been several people on this Forum who have gone to their dealer, to pick up their car and had the dealer tell them the price to take the car home was at least $2,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
819 Posts
brentil said:
Once your car ships unfortunately the only way to know where you car is or an accurate delivery date is through your dealership by having them call the DBC I believe, or is it BDC, I don't remember now.

The most details CC could give you is "yes it's shipped" and after that point he can't give you anymore information since he's not your dealer.
DBC (Dealer Business Center) was right, Brentil. :)

·
5,641 Posts
cpeck said:
I am a little confused about this advance code 3000. I was told I have a vin# 2 weeks #1232. but no word on when the car is due. My dealer doesn't seem to know very much. How can I find out when my car is due? Any information is appreciated.
Don't worry about event code #3000 "Accepted by Production Control". With a VIN, you are far past that point. You should be at #4150 "Original Invoice (Billed to dealership)".

While the actual invoice includes an estimated delivery due date, it is not reflective of what is happening in the real world of Solstice.

Just be happy that you are built, and you are so close to Delaware, that the car may be in before the system shows it as shipped.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyones response. I will try to build my car to get an idea of cost. Although, my dealer did say he would sell to me at the MSRP. I have just been hoping I could drive it with the top down, before winter...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted everyone to know, I built my car on the web site and it will cost $23,935. Now if it would just come in....

·
Registered
976 Posts
cpeck said:
Just wanted everyone to know, I built my car on the web site and it will cost $23,935. Now if it would just come in....
So you left off XM sattelite radio, and a disc changer? Or was it the monsoon stereo system?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts