Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one confused by the metallic grey colour SLY for the Solstice?
I know that it is also used by the CTS, but I havent seen it in person in this colour. I am confused about what it will really look like, I have seen the Solstice looking grey/silver and blueish/grey. And what the heck colour is "sly" anyways??

On the Apprentice tonight the Solstice appeared to be a "sly" paint job, but under the camera lighting it did give off a blue-ish tinge. I like this blue/grey colour but is it just my eyes or my TV fooling me because when I see other pics of the Solstice I am SURE that it is NOT blue-ish grey?

:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
sly

I saw 42U (sly) yesterday on both the cadillac cts and the chevy equinox. It definitely doesn't have any blue in it like the older Solstice pics, which someone said may be a tweaked Jaguar color. It's a fairly dark grey with a slight metallic look.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I think one of the silver/grey is the same color as the windshield surround. The other is slightly darker with visible contrast (though slight) to the windshield surround.

I also heard that most of the underbody is painted the same color as the windshield surround - rather than traditional primer grey or black.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes the "new" grey is not the same as the "old" grey from the 2004 car shows and pictures...that was a one-off tweaked Jag color. The new grey doesn't have that blue-ish tint, more of a true grey metallic.

Also remember the show was shot last November, probably was the older blue-ish color.

·
Registered
753 Posts
solsticeman said:
I think one of the silver/grey is the same color as the windshield surround. The other is slightly darker with visible contrast (though slight) to the windshield surround.

I also heard that most of the underbody is painted the same color as the windshield surround - rather than traditional primer grey or black.
also .... if you are checking out the colors on the
www.pontiac.com/apprentice
site the windshield surround color is misleading.
it appears to be the dark silver/grey (Sly) when it should be the lighter silver/grey(Cool). anyone who is considering how the windshield surround color integrates with a body color ...most important for those of us who are ordering without actually seeing the color on an actual car....needs to find a more accurate rendition of the windshield surround color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts