Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a 2.4 supercharged setup and using the Siemens Deka 60# injectors. Trifecta has been doing my tuning. I have an intermittent problem with idling. Some days, perfect, other days, bucks and snorts and stalls constantly. Notice it more on hot humid days.

Trifecta is pointing to the injectors as the issue and a problem with the minimum pulse width of these injectors. They recommend 42# injectors for my engine.

Trying to save a few bucks and get these injectors for under $50 each, I saw these ACDELCO 2173412. They are 42# injectors sell for about $25 each. I don't care about EV1 or EV6, I have both harnesses.

Have others experienced idle problems with the Siemens injectors?

Can I find usable 42# injectors in the scrap yard? If so, from what vehicles? Will the ACDelco's above work?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
You need injectors that put out sufficient fuel at wide open to serve the needs of your engine. I have no idea how much that is (and suspect that neither do you) but fitting too low a value injector can result it running above normal duty cycle to supply the engine and possibly in the end starving the engine with potentially disastrous results.

Don't buy injectors because they are cheap without reference to exactly which ones you need for your application.

Has someone told you that 42# would be just fine?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Trifecta recommended 42# for my engine.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
So why are you using 60#. The larger the injector, the more fuel they put out during the minimum pulse width. If the injector is too large, it can result in an over rich condition at idle even when using that minimum pulse. I wonder if that might be the source of your idle issues? Trifecta seems to think so.

Call up an injector shop and ask for 42# reconditioned injectors. They clean them and spec them. Do not try and use injectors straight out of some hulk in the wrecking yard!

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Why not just call the vendor who built your supercharger kit and ask for their advice ? I totally agree with Bill all you're going to do by going cheap is create more problems in the long run bottom line and I've said it before is horsepower costs money !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been using the Siemens #60 injectors on a homebrew turbo setup for over a year now in southern Louisiana and have never had an issue with my idle quality. To add to it, I've done all my own tuning, and I have very close to no knowledge as to what I am doing in that regard. The injectors can be made to work.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
All of the newer 2.4L supercharger kits we sell use the #60 injectors in them. All of the injectors are flow matched within 1% before shipping also to make sure we have a nice balanced setup for the customer. We have a lot of these kits out there now with those injectors and there are some things that can be done to make the idle smooth out if that is the only issue. If you have one of our kits, send an email over to - [email protected] and we will see what we can do to help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses. The problem is intermittent which really baffles me, some days no issues, other days horrible. I am only listening to the advice of those that know more than me (Trifecta).

I don't plan on adding any more power, so if the recommendation is 42#, then that is what I will stick with.

I can't call the vendor of my kit, I pieced it together myself..and as you can tell, I don't know what the he## I am doing...

I must have done something right, it's been my daily driver for about 2 years with this set-up. I just want a 100% good running car, not 97%.

I am going to try and use the AC Delco 217-3412, these are the Stage 2 injectors for the Cobalt SS (where I sourced my supercharger)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Currently I have a 2.4 supercharged setup and using the Siemens Deka 60# injectors. Trifecta has been doing my tuning. I have an intermittent problem with idling. Some days, perfect, other days, bucks and snorts and stalls constantly. Notice it more on hot humid days.

Trifecta is pointing to the injectors as the issue and a problem with the minimum pulse width of these injectors. They recommend 42# injectors for my engine.

Trying to save a few bucks and get these injectors for under $50 each, I saw these ACDELCO 2173412. They are 42# injectors sell for about $25 each. I don't care about EV1 or EV6, I have both harnesses.

Have others experienced idle problems with the Siemens injectors?

Can I find usable 42# injectors in the scrap yard? If so, from what vehicles? Will the ACDelco's above work?

Thanks
I have a turbo'd 2.4 LE5 with 60# Siemens, idle is consistent, not absolutely perfect but consistently acceptable. What is your pulse width? I had idle fueling issue with my 1.4T LUV engine, I installed 43# injectors kind of overkill. My PW was under 1 ms at idle and was about 13 AFR. I bumped idle from 600's to 800's and it solved my idle fueling problem...note there was no rough idle or anything like that, the only symptom was running to rich at idle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the minimum pulse width on the Siemens 60# is 1.5ms. I can see where that would be a problem. Since I didn't do the programming, I cannot say what the pulse width is at idle.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Are you sure it's even a fueling problem? A vacuum leak can mess with idle quality too. If you have a hose or connector that has a small leak that could possibly cause an intermittent idle quality issue. At the very least I would rule that out before I bought new injectors if I were you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts