Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should start at the beginning…
A few months ago I first saw a Solstice on the Pontiac’s website and knew that it was the car for me. I contacted the local dealers (Portland, Or. area) and found out that all of them already had a waiting list and could put me on the list with a $500 deposit. At that time I was like “yeah, right.. give you $500 for a car that hasn’t been built yet and go on a waiting list with no detail of when the car would be here – no way!! “

Fast forward until three weeks ago.. called all the local dealers, some said they had 7 cars allocated, all taken. Even with a deposit of $500, there was no guarantee on their next aloocations and the chances of me getting one any time soon was unlikely. I was feeling pretty down and out, but then I called another dealer about 2 hours away and he said they had an allocation of 4 cars <heart sunk>, but then he went on to say that 2 of them were spoken for. Needless to say I put up the $500 and I am now “locked in” for the exact one I wanted (got lucky there).

My questions are:
Did I really just get lucky and was able to get a Solstice from this car dealer? He has no idea when they are coming in, but have been assured that when the do, I have one.
Could this dealer get their first allocation the same time the local ones do? Doesn’t seem right that someone months ago could have put down a deposit and I would be driving one months ahead of them.

He also said the price was going to be about $27,500.. Seems way on the high end to me, but what can I do if there are others on the list waiting to buy?

This board has been a great help. Get more info here than the dealership

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
"price was going to be about $27,500"

Seems too high....Is he including some kind of markup? Some dealers are doing that.

As far as deposits go some of us had money down a year ago!
(crazy we know but this is home of the Solstice nuts :willy: )

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds like he put you in line for a Solstice, but must be tacking a markup on the price.

Ask him if you can order it how you want it. Go in, set up the options, and get an MSRP. He should be able to tell you the MSRP. If not, you can option the car out on sites like www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com If he is arking it up, try to get him to sell it at MSRP. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just ordered two weeks ago......1st Allocation!

I ordered one of two Solstices just last week (also ordered one 6 weeks ago). I called every dealer in the Western US to find one that could get me onto the 1st allocation. How fortunate I was to find one dealer that was in a change of ownership situation that lasted 4 months. During the change of ownership, the dealer didn't take any orders for the Solstice. Just my forture, I called the New Fleet Manager two weeks ago and low and behold, I was the first "Freakin" pre-order (1st allocation). All the legal aspects of the change of ownership just cleared a few weeks ago. "HOW BOUT THAT". She didn't know anything about the Solstice (thank goodness for the forum, I told her to check with GM to find out how many cars they were receiving for the 1st allocation). She was shocked to know I could talk the car lingo. She called me later that day to tell me they were receiving two cars in the first allocation. Now that's a Blessing!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If you did get an allocation car then it surely should be available before yearend. Last build cycle of first four month allocation should get cars in December. Be sure that that price includes tax, otherwise that's addon which we despise. Get your price in writing. Get the order number (VOM) when the dealer puts it in and cross your fingers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts