Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:willy: I was #4, only #3 got one at my dealer (1 & 2's ID was rejected by the server for some reason). I got waitlisted, but my dealer showed me that the webpage said he still had 4 cars. What does this mean? He didn't know, does anyone else? Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I sat right next to my dealer...here's my take. The 5 was their max allocation. After mine was allocated their allocation went to 4 at around 2:22pm. They continued to try to place orders with no success and around 2:45 the number available went to 0.....at the same time the 4 other orders eventually got entered and went to waitlist. I'm assuming all dealers EOP allocation went to 0 after the first 1000 were confirmed....everything else entered up to the 5 allocatted went to waitlist.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought, but when mine went through and told me that I was waitlisted, it still said there were 4 cars available. When the guy behind went through and was waitlisted, then it told him he had 0 cars left.

·
Registered
80 Posts
general said:
I sat right next to my dealer...here's my take. The 5 was their max allocation. After mine was allocated their allocation went to 4 at around 2:22pm. They continued to try to place orders with no success and around 2:45 the number available went to 0.....at the same time the 4 other orders eventually got entered and went to waitlist. I'm assuming all dealers EOP allocation went to 0 after the first 1000 were confirmed....everything else entered up to the 5 allocatted went to waitlist.
there was no dealer allocation

it clearly states the dealers had a maximum, not a minumum

the first 1000 was internet based, not dealer based

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize that they weren't allocated, I thought that when it said that my dealer had 5 cars available, that that meant that could get up to his 5, and after every certified order was placed, that would drop to 4,3,2,1,0. My problem is that I was waitlisted with the number available still being 4, but after the very next guy behind me got on the wait list, the number went down to 0. It seems like it should have still said 4 available, meaning that he had only 1 confirmed order, even after everyone there was waitlisted, not 0 like he had filled all 5 of his possible orders.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
skyhigh said:
I realize that they weren't allocated, I thought that when it said that my dealer had 5 cars available, that that meant that could get up to his 5, and after every certified order was placed, that would drop to 4,3,2,1,0. My problem is that I was waitlisted with the number available still being 4, but after the very next guy behind me got on the wait list, the number went down to 0. It seems like it should have still said 4 available, meaning that he had only 1 confirmed order, even after everyone there was waitlisted, not 0 like he had filled all 5 of his possible orders.
The 1000 ran out before your dealer got any. Dealer could get between 0 to 5 cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he got 1, the guy right in front of me, maybe 30 seconds before me, so that made the number drop from 5 to 4, mine went in, stayed at 4, the next guy went in, down to 0. Almost sounds like mine was never counted at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts