Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On friday I called pontiac support and they said my car was made on friday. Today I called to get vin number and they told me untill your car gets released to ship you can't get vin number, I thought you could get vin number when it's built. I'm just getting so fed up with this whole ordeal I'm ready to go buy another car. If I do you can all have dibbs on my solstice.Anyone else getting as fed up as me ?

Zero/Zipper Ct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Hang in there. The wait is almost over! :grouphug:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
deluke said:
On friday I called pontiac support and they said my car was made on friday. Today I called to get vin number and they told me untill your car gets released to ship you can't get vin number, I thought you could get vin number when it's built. I'm just getting so fed up with this whole ordeal I'm ready to go buy another car. If I do you can all have dibbs on my solstice.Anyone else getting as fed up as me ?

Zero/Zipper Ct.
Your car has been built, so relax. The wait is short now. You wouldn't want to have waited all this time, and then walk away right before the car is in your hands. In a couple weeks, you won't be able to get the grin off your face.

But, if you do walk away, I'll give you $500 under MSRP. :devil: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Hey, deluke, who did you call? If you wouldn't mind sharing the info, I may give it a try. My dealer doesn't seem to know how to check order status, and I hate bugging cricket all the time. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
dengel said:
Hey, deluke, who did you call? If you wouldn't mind sharing the info, I may give it a try. My dealer doesn't seem to know how to check order status, and I hate bugging cricket all the time. :)
Pontiac support 1-800- 276-6842 then ask them to call down to the department to get info for you. They usually do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Pontiac support 1-800- 276-6842 then ask them to cxall down to the department to get info for you. They usually do.
deluke, thanks for the info. I called, and it appears that I'm still not scheduled for production, but I was at least able to confirm that my order is in the system, and I am still a Zero Zip. I don't know why I'm still at 3000, though. Hopefully my status will change with this next order cycle. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dengel said:
deluke, thanks for the info. I called, and it appears that I'm still not scheduled for production, but I was at least able to confirm that my order is in the system, and I am still a Zero Zip. I don't know why I'm still at 3000, though. Hopefully my status will change with this next order cycle. :(
My fingers are crossed for you, I hope you get some answers soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I called the Pontiac Support # to check out where my car is in the process. End of October for me. I am the 1st car of the 1st allocation for my dealer. I was told that there are quality issues that must be resolved before regular production will start. I understand that regular production in full swing based on GM linedogs posts.

I should say that the young lady was very nice and made several calls to get my questions answered and never lost patients. She even called the sales manager at my dealer because she was told by the ordering department that they could give the dealer more info than they could give her... she also gave me the contact name of the guy who does all the orders for my dealer... I didn't have the heart to tell her I knew him all too well already.......:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My problem is I'm having sugery on my shoulder in three weeks,I'm up tight about that, 3rd one in 14 months,and I won't even be able to drive it untill next year, my husband will but thats not the same. Now I can't get a straight answer from pontiac. I'm getting really bummed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I did the same thing last week and was told my car was to be produced last week. Of course this week it still has not been produced. Then to make things worse the VOM shows it as a 3100. I may end up buying nothing......or should I say nothing American
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
deluke said:
My problem is I'm having sugery on my shoulder in three weeks,I'm up tight about that, 3rd one in 14 months,and I won't even be able to drive it untill next year, my husband will but thats not the same. Now I can't get a straight answer from pontiac. I'm getting really bummed.
That's one serrious bummer. Hope your surgery goes well. If it's not too painful, can you put off the surgery a couple more weeks to at least get a few rides in? Looks like you'll be getting your car before mine, so I can't really help you there with taking mine for a spin.

The solstice will be my second car. My promary tramsportation will be my '97 Pontiac Sunfire GT with a manual trandmission as well. I'll be selling my '97 Ford Taurus since it has been nothing but problems over the last year (both cars are around 130k miles).

If I ever injure an appendage I'll be in trouble with driving. Although in nice weather, I'm sure my brother will gladly let me drive his 2005 Impala in exchange for letting him drive my Solstice. In bad weather, I may be able to borrow my parents' '86 Taurus or the '99 Cavalier.

One thing I learned over the past few years of owning a couple Fords as 2nd cars... I'm never buying another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SOL_in_CT said:
That's one serrious bummer. Hope your surgery goes well. If it's not too painful, can you put off the surgery a couple more weeks to at least get a few rides in? Looks like you'll be getting your car before mine, so I can't really help you there with taking mine for a spin.

The solstice will be my second car. My promary tramsportation will be my '97 Pontiac Sunfire GT with a manual trandmission as well. I'll be selling my '97 Ford Taurus since it has been nothing but problems over the last year (both cars are around 130k miles).

If I ever injure an appendage I'll be in trouble with driving. Although in nice weather, I'm sure my brother will gladly let me drive his 2005 Impala in exchange for letting him drive my Solstice. In bad weather, I may be able to borrow my parents' '86 Taurus or the '99 Cavalier.

One thing I learned over the past few years of owning a couple Fords as 2nd cars... I'm never buying another one.

:agree: :agree: With the ford remark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
deluke said:
On friday I called pontiac support and they said my car was made on friday. Today I called to get vin number and they told me untill your car gets released to ship you can't get vin number, I thought you could get vin number when it's built. I'm just getting so fed up with this whole ordeal I'm ready to go buy another car. If I do you can all have dibbs on my solstice.Anyone else getting as fed up as me ?

Zero/Zipper Ct.
You will drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out. Just wait it out. I was told all of the first 1,000 were made. Just waiting for it to arrive. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
The wait may seem long. But you can always go out to the garage all winter and look at your Solstice and dream about topless weather. Hang in there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
toyman said:
My car was built 8/8/05 and still isn't here yet....so if you've just found out yours was built.........
It seems a lot of the initial cars that got built early on have been held for some particular reason. MCEB for example has VIN # 30 and he has yet to get his car yet too.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top