Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call today from my salesmen indicating there is a leather constraint. I challenged him on this based on the information I read on the forum. He said he would talk to the sales manager and call me back. When he called me back he told me there was actually a constraint on the convenience package and the power package. I thought that these two items were odd to have a constraint and I would think this information would be included in reports released on Thursday and not surface on a Wednesday. I have a feeling the dealer is blowing smoke up my a##. Has anyone else heard of these constraints?

The more I thought about it, I began to wonder if the dealer was positioning to move someone ahead of me on their allocation. I have been told I am #3 of 10 on their first four month allocation and the first two orders have been picked up already. Am I being paranoid or should I confront the sales manager? :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As for the leather constraints, SmallDealer mentioned it has gotten better, but it hasn't disappeared yet. (They're seem to be gradually phasing it out.)

Small Dealer said:
During the last three weekly dealer order cycles there has been an order constraint on the Premium Package. First at thr 50% level, then 75%, and last week at 80%. There is also a constraint on the Chrome Wheels at 10% during last week.
Also, another member mentioned a constraint on the power package, so it seems they may be having a tough time meeting demand for some of the extra option packages. Here is the other thread ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4311

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received a call from my dealer and he informed me that my order was picked up and I have a TPW of 9/19-25. :party:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
DaveK said:
I just received a call from my dealer and he informed me that my order was picked up and I have a TPW of 9/19-25. :party:
That's great news.

With regard to the constraints issue. I was somewhat willing to accept constraints back at the end of June, two months after the majority of the cards had been ordered. But it is now late August, four months after 5-6 thousand cars were ordered, and they haven't even build the first one thousand. Four months seems like enough lead time to get the parts needed. :willy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.