Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
solsticeman said:
I thought the AFBTS thing was funny....:jester
Ha ha, no doubt! It's a good thing we now have a formal definition for "Artsy-fartsy" - I've been bugging the Webster dictionary people about this for ages. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well, this guy might have come up with AFBTS all on his own too... hehehe yeah right. :D

I'm amased he didn't link to my options web page too. But I guess that would have been a dead give away unless he also owns my domain name too. :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The way he posted the AFBTS info, it almost sounds like some official designation from GM! Maybe you should get a trademark on the acronym S-man before GM steals it on you! Next thing you know it will appear in the Solstice brochure!

"The sleek softop includes stylish AFBTS's to give the car a slight fastback appearance when the top is rasied"

:glol

·
4,592 Posts
Nice enough for them to source it from the solticeforum.com FAQ page, now the FAQ page needs to credit Bob....errr....S-Man!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I will post the links to color examples later...When I get more time.
Bah, when he has time to do what, snag our images and post them there? :jester hehehe this is kinda funny.

You should just go post the links yourself to your own images Solsticeman. :D

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
According to that article, Onstar comes standard. That sucks. Just have to remove or disable it somehow, I guess.
Article, what article do you mean? If it's the link above that's the information that we have here that we got from cardealer that some guy took and posted on C&G.

If you don't want the service you can always cancel the subscription with them. It's free for the first year, and you don't have to continue the 2nd year contract if you don't want to. However the service is part of paying for the car, so in essence you're losing money by cancelling it when you get it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
OnStar is now standard on all GM cars (or will be shortly).
I think it officially will be standard on all cars for the 2006 model year, which would include the Solstice. I have only seen one source that indicates it will be optional on the Sol, and everything else has indicated Standard. I think were getting it, like it or not.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I think it officially will be standard on all cars for the 2006 model year, which would include the Solstice. I have only seen one source that indicates it will be optional on the Sol, and everything else has indicated Standard. I think were getting it, like it or not.
Yeah, the options lists makes refrence to the fleet model having the OnStar delete option, but I'm betting that's it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, the options lists makes refrence to the fleet model having the OnStar delete option, but I'm betting that's it.
I wonder how many fleet models there are really going to be. Since they expect to sell out, I cannot imagine them calling up Hertz and offering them too many to rent out.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Imagine - somewhere someplace, your driving (speed, throttle history, steering inputs, braking inputs, other diagnostics, engine RPM) history and a history of where you drove gets uploaded every time you start your car and it connects with OnStar.

Pull into a dealer with a rear end noise, the dealer says, "Well, you really need to shift before redline. Says here, out of the last 164 times you started your car, you hit redline in first and second gears 16 of those times. Your max speed over the last 520 trips you drove your car - whoa! all the way to California from New York? Man, thats a lot of miles! Anyways, your maximum speed - looks like in Oklahoma and again in California and New Mexico was equal to fuel cutoff twenty-five times!!! You're ragging on this thing!!! You're getting better at putting the top down - says here you put the top down while you were in New Mexico in almost 38 Seconds!!! Your average top up time for the last 15 times you put the top up was nearly a minute, though. Great job, but I believe we can't do anything for your differential, you've voided your warranty by abusing your car. Right here, your 'abuse probability is 91.6%, that's well above the 60% probability we use as the cutoff - I might have been able to let it slide at 62.5% or maybe even 65%, but over 90%!!! I can't do anything for you.

However, it says here your washer bottle is low. Want me to top that off? It's only another five bucks. Oh, and you owe the dealership $75.50 for the diagnostics..."

:jester

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
How much do they do today? I'm sure there's some FIFO black box recording done. Do they tie in to OnStar? I doubt it, but everything I just speculated upon is VERY possible. I wonder if it's just a matter of time...

I know someone who knows someone who's spouse is involved (whatever THAT term means) with the MI Militia (of McVeigh fame...). I've never talked to any of them, just fourth-hand info, but from what I understand, their favorite "survival" vehicle is the Suburban.

But nearly every Suburban you buy has OnStar - they go to AMAZING extremes (or so a fourth-hand person told me) to remove all traces of the OnStar module, wiring, etc.

Yep, they're prolly over-paranoid, but "bending" the speed limit once in a while, or running at a track day should be my choice, not subject to privacy invasion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts