1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have them for the rear and love them too

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I have the extreme contact all weather and am very pleased.

·
Super Moderator
16,539 Posts
On my carbon fiber wheel set I have them and they are good as long as I dont get on it all the way. :lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was interested in getting these until my tire dealer warned me away from them. He said the cold weather (below 50) performance would be much less than my Goodyear OEMs on my GXP. Since I do drive in cold weather I passed.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
A little bit of bullhockey there I think. They are summer tires, and so don't do well in the cold, but that's a lot colder than 50 degrees (nearer freezing). Secondly, I'd doubt they'd ever be worse than the OEM GY Eagles - which are also summer tires.

Having said that, I personally have the Conti DWS (U.High Perf. All-Seasons) since I drive year round. I'll give up the top level of grip for all-year useability.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had the Conti Extreme Contact DWS installed last spring on my 2008 NA. I am very happy with them for driving in wet and dry conditions.

For winter, I have Hancook iPike snow tires on 16 inch wheels, which do much, much better in the snow.

Before changing over to the winter tires this year, I drove up north and encountered a light snow storm - the Contis definitely did not perform very well at all.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
It all depends on the tire. I had Toyo Proxies for 4 summers on my Mustang, could run the car right up till I put it away in November with the Toyo's. I had no issue. I got Bridgestone Potenza TE-01 (or something like that) and I HATED THEM!!!! I will NEVER buy another set of Bridgestones. The tires flatspotted any time the temp got lower then 50....and would take 10 minutes of driving to round them back out. And I couldn't even get on the car half throttle if it was less then 40 degrees outside without breaking em loose. After that year, my "summer" tires didn't go on until we had a week of at least 65+ and were pulled off in late September.....They were also HORRIBLE in the rain. They hydroplaned constantly. But they were "Formula 1 inspired street tires"...
Never had that issue with the Toyo.

Furthermore (and I know this has nothing to do with the cold weather) I had a belt separate just after 4000 miles and Bridgestone and Tire Rack would do nothing for me. Bridgestone said they were the previous model and were sitting in Tire Rack's warehouse for at least 2 years....and Tire Rack told me it was Bridgestone's issue....so after 2 weeks of yelling at them both, I gave up. So maybe it was just a bad set of tires....but I know where and what I won't buy next time!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really concerned with winter driving because I have a Chevy Colorado V8 for winter driving. More concerned with how they handle in wet conditions. The Solstice is just going to be my spring, summer & fall "fun" car.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I disliked the OEM tires on my 2008 NA so much I threw them away when I got my winter tires/wheels. I find performance of the Conti ExtremeContact DWS is much better than the OEMs, wet or dry.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to thank everyone for their help. I especially would like to thank the guy that pushed me towards aftermarket rims instead of buying stock replacement. I received them today and what a difference rims can make. THANK YOU! LOL

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the opportunity to take the Solstice on a short road trip this weekend. The tires felt great. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Best Tires I've ever had. 275/30/20's. Stick like glue, easy transition to max grip, no surprises. If I didn't have such aggressive -camber I think they'd last 40k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts