Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many threads on here regarding leaking convertabile tops, I am trying to adjust mine as I have a small leak at the front were the top meets the front windshield. I have read where it tells you to adjust the JAB NUT what is the Jab nut? The leak is coming in from around the top where the locking handle is located.

I have checked the seal and the seal looks good. Sorry if I am starting an old thread.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
The jam nuts are mechanical stops that provide tension to the top when its in the up position. Basically, the longer the stops are (protruding forward) the more tension they put onto the top by mechanically inhibiting forward motion.

If you are leaking at the windshield, the tension adjusters may be contributing to that condition if they are not allowing the front latch to apply enough force to adequately seal the top against the windshield. Were it me, I would first look at the latch. Make sure that the latch is tight and adjusted properly to apply the forward force required to ensure a good seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have read many threads on here regarding leaking convertabile tops, I am trying to adjust mine as I have a small leak at the front were the top meets the front windshield. I have read where it tells you to adjust the JAB NUT what is the Jab nut? The leak is coming in from around the top where the locking handle is located.

I have checked the seal and the seal looks good. Sorry if I am starting an old thread.
Sorry to hear about the leaking roof issue. Please keep us updated if you're able to repair the issue properly. If you decide to take it to a dealership and would like the issue investigated, please send a PM. We will then set up a case with GM to monitor the duration of the repairs. The information requested is your VIN#, name, situation, dealership info, and current mileage. This will only be used to set up the case for GM Records. I hope all is well considering. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts