Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the Mustang commercials during the Super Bowl?

Ford didn't even show the top up once in three commercials with the car sitting in the middle of a frozen wasteland! :crazy Maybe its not getting one! :glol

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
No wonder the dude's frozen!!! At least we've seen a few vehicles with a top!!!

Oh-oh. I think the supplier for the Mustang is the same one as the Solstice/Sky (collins & aikman or Dura Convertible Systems).

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
But doesn't it piss you off just a little bit, seeing a Mustang Convertible advertised on TV and NOT the Solstice!? :rolleyes

·
4,592 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
But doesn't it piss you off just a little bit, seeing a Mustang Convertible advertised on TV and NOT the Solstice!? :rolleyes
good commercial, got me and the mrs thinking of all of you northeasterners and your solstices out for a nice winter drive ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
They should have shown the Mustang under motion and then coming to a frigid stop. At least the Caddy was moving for 5 seconds. Speaking of tops, over the weekend I spied a Mitsubishi Eclipse and a Chrysler PT Cruiser with tan roofs.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I like the commercial. I have to agree though. The Mustang Convertible is supposed to be coming out when the Solstice is coming out (ouch), but we've yet to see a thing about the Solstice. :mad

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The made a point in the commercial of saying winter was not the time to introduce a convertable. Who are they taking a shot at with that statement? Is that a shot at GM for the Corvette Convertable release? :lol

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Mustang is a high-volume seller, Solstice low volume. Super Bowl big money for ads....but there is the whole halo thing.

·
Registered
535 Posts
solsticeman said:
No wonder the dude's frozen!!! At least we've seen a few vehicles with a top!!!

Oh-oh. I think the supplier for the Mustang is the same one as the Solstice/Sky (collins & aikman or Dura Convertible Systems).
Oh wonderful. Who will get the takeover when C&A is belly up? :crazy

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Fformula88 said:
The made a point in the commercial of saying winter was not the time to introduce a convertable. Who are they taking a shot at with that statement? Is that a shot at GM for the Corvette Convertable release? :lol
My thought when they said that was with all the problems they have had launching the Mustang so far. I didn't even think of it as a stab against the Solsitce or GM in general.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts