Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some thoughts on my mind This top on the sol is jet black how can i make this top last longer and keep the fresh black look should i put any treatment on the canvas to repell water stains .Should i refrain from hi powered washing with soap.NEVER OWNED A CONVERTIABLE. :willy:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dave...I have a '97 Chrysler Sebring with a cloth top. I haven't had the luxury to garage it often....so it's been exposed to the elements. I've also taken it through high pressure car washes. Anyway, over the past few years the stictching started to fall apart. I'll be honest, I never applied any type of fabric cleaner or protectant (rather just washed with a soft brush and turtlewax car wash)....or took through the car wash. I replaced the top a few months ago for about $1000. I would anticipate an aftermarket top for the Solstice should be a few hundred less installed. Oh...you can order in different colors too....like Tan or Blue, etc.

There are some convertible top care kits online that I have looked at for the Solstice....here's a link to one. I'll probably get a protectant, cleaner and brush. I'm going to take better care of the top and garage the car most of the time...I think it may be possible to get 10 years out of the top before desiring to replace it...we'll see.

http://www.autogeek.net/facotop.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
google or search for this... has worked well for my past cars.
RaggTopp Convertible Top Care Kit
...around $30.00

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts