Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me what kind of a hair style should a girl have for a convertible :crazy
You know with that top down a girls hair can really blow =) Ah maybe I should just get a hat huh :crazy Tell me what you think??????

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can wear your hair anyway you like...you just cover it up when you are driving with a handkerchief Jackie Kennedy style. ;) It keeps it from blowing around.

I have long hair and I am not planning on cutting it just to drive this car!!

You need to work on your dad to have him teach you how to drive his manual car. If he still refuses and you can't find a stick anywhere else, take a trip up to the bay area and I will teach you!! Mine is really easy to drive.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Hair ?? :lol What hair, That just adds to the resistence to speed and slows the car down ;) I'd go with the bare to center bare :crazy

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You can wear your hair anyway you like...you just cover it up when you are driving with a handkerchief Jackie Kennedy style. It keeps it from blowing around.
Solsticegirl's right. It's not nearly as bad as a motorcycle where a long ponytail usually has to be braided. If there's a rear "wind deflector", you might not even need a scarf because the wind's just on the top of your head. This keeps hair from blowing forward into your face. If it doesn't come with a deflector, a scarf or hat (but then you might get "hat hair"), a "scrunchy" or "clippy" is all you'd need. Of course, with a "Janet Reno" you wouldn't have any problem. :smile

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Convertible hair

Hey Solstice girl thanks for the offer on the driving lessons =) I will learn before next year hee hee hee hee ....even if I have to snake my dad's truck hee hee hee j/k

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
So tell me what kind of a hair style should a girl have for a convertible :crazy
You know with that top down a girls hair can really blow =) Ah maybe I should just get a hat huh :crazy Tell me what you think??????
Short n' sassy :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just tie hair back in a pony tail with a clip or scrunchie (thats the technical name of those things, right?) :lol Either that, or get a nice hat that fits tight enough to not fly off. If either of those don't work, I guess a short haircut is the only other option, or maybe a few hundred gallons of hairspray! (80's flashback anyone?) :lol

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I used to have long beautiful blond hair. (I still could if I wanted to.) And my dad bought a Porsche 914 for his mid-life. On those rare occasions when he would let me drive it, I would get a lot of disappointed looks from dudes pulling alongside to check me out, and then spotting my goatee.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I've got a funny story about something similar...

but it's not appropriate for this forum. :lol

But an appropriate one is this one...

I actually did stand on a corner in Winslow, AZ. And a real, honest to goodness flat-bed Ford came by. The driver had long, blonde hair - VERY nice hair.

Then the driver turned to look at me, grinning like an idiot, and he looked like JON BON JOVI with a goatee!!! :lol

Maybe that was you, AzteksRpurty! If so, I didn't mean anything - I wuz jus' bein' friendly!!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Get a baseball cap. Keeps your hair more under control, your head warm in the winter time, your scalp from getting sun burn in the summer and the visor helps keep the sun out of your eyes. A roadster will mess up your hair, but again, a roadster is more of a lifestyle. It's all about wind in the hair.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
A roadster will mess up your hair, but again, a roadster is more of a lifestyle. It's all about wind in the hair.
Exactly, a roadster is about messing up hair! Just hit the road and have fun!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Exactly, a roadster is about messing up hair! Just hit the road and have fun!
True, but if you have really long hair, like past your shoulders the wind will whip it in your eyes nonstop. It's very annoying, and can be very distracting. I used to have to deal with that problem when I still had my long hair and anytime I would let it down. I usually kept my hair tied back instead, or I'd put a hat on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Pammysoltice said:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts