Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with the pin lock that goes into the truck lid not aligning up? If so is there an adjustment that I can do without taking it to the dealer? Mine all of sudden it a struggle to get in now and it seems the top itself does not want to fold down like it use too. It may be me on this one, I don't drive it a whole lot.

(posted in general section also)

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
This is an issue that should be looked at by a top mechanic. There are various linkeages internal to the top that can fail that might cause this condition.

I would take it to a local convertible top expert and have them take a look.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f12/convertible-top-problems-normal-30056/

For example:
Subject: Convertible Top Will Not Stow/Difficult to Raise/Windnoise/Waterleak (Re-Install Drive Link)

Models: 2006-2007 Pontiac Solstice and 2007 Saturn Sky

Condition

Some customers may comment that the convertible top won't stow or it is difficult to raise all the way. They may also comment that there is a windnoise/waterleak that has developed at the back of the window.

Cause

This condition may be caused by a drive link socket being out of adjustment and possibly coming off the convertible top arm.

Correction

Inspect the threads prior to reinstalling the socket back on the arm. If there is no damage to the threads, reinstall and adjust the drive link end so that there are seven to eight threads showing.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the sockets and mounting places look ok, nothing looks broke. Does that socket eye bolt adjust the flap or ear in or out so it will go into the receiver hole in rear deck lid?
PS: there are no leaks or wind noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same situation where the 2 pins come short of aligning with the holes on the decklid.
What was the fix and can I do it myself ... ?
PLMK
Marcelo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have issues with the pin lock that goes into the truck lid not aligning up? If so is there an adjustment that I can do without taking it to the dealer? Mine all of sudden it a struggle to get in now and it seems the top itself does not want to fold down like it use too. It may be me on this one, I don't drive it a whole lot.

Did you ever get a fix? Mine has now just encountered the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
Did you ever get a fix? Mine has now just encountered the same issue.
Mayhem hasn't been on the forum for almost three years, so I'll be surprised if you get an answer from him.

But this may catch the attention of someone who has had the problem and fixed it.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Yes, there's an adjustment but I don't know what it is. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on here, use the search facility. Mine was out of whack recently. I took it to the local Chevrolet dealer and they aligned it for me. Charged me 40 bucks to fix the driver's side so it'd go in properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts