Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with the pin lock that goes into the truck lid not aligning up? If so is there an adjustment that I can do without taking it to the dealer? Mine all of sudden it a struggle to get in now and it seems the top itself does not want to fold down like it use too. It may be me on this one, I don't drive it a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Rarely I'll have a problem like that. Spraying some graphite or silicone spray in the hole and around the "catch" is a good idea. I used a light coat of Vaseline on it one time when I was out of graphite.

It seems to me that if I open up both car doors all the way when raising or lowering the top, things go smoother. I suppose making sure the windows are down would do the same thing even with the doors closed, but I prefer to open both doors.

RTE and others have done extensive posts and pictures on lubricating and inspecting the folding top.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pin doesn't need lube, it needs to go towards the rear of the car more about an 1/8 inch to work smoothly like the passenger side does. Before I latch the the top down to the windshield I tried pushing pin into hole worked like a champ, but once I latch the top down it seems to pull pin away from hole just a tab bit and that makes it hard to push in. Is there an adjustment to make it go towards the rear of the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts