Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Soltice # 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tension cable that keeps the convertible top side panel (right next to driver's shoulder) from slightly opening when the top is up and the car is on the move. I notice it snapped from its connecting point at the back the roof where the top snaps in. Has anyone done this repair themselves? If so, any suggestion how to work in such a small space? If anyone had this repair done at a dealer, approximate cost. THX!

·
Registered
2006 Soltice # 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies yet!?!?! Maybe my explanation of the the purpose and/or location of the cable was not clear???? In checking where the cable was attached, I noticed the very end of the cable has an "O" end connected to a spring. The "O" end split and became disconnected from the spring. Therefore, the cable did not snap as I originally thought. Now to try to come up with some way to get the cable with a broken end connected back to the spring. Getting to the spring is on the difficult side being that it is located in the inside back part of the roof wing/tail where the roof snaps into the deck. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts