Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the bent top frame replaced with a used frame, pretty happy to get this done. However, the convertible top cover does not appear to fit as tight on the new frame as it did on the old frame. Question does anyone know of a way to tighten the top? so that it's more form fitting on the frame? I apologize in advance if this is silly question but I don't know the answer so I thought I would put it out here.

Let me know your thoughts please

Thanks in advance

· Administrator
12,148 Posts
The manual lists two adjustments. One is to correct a gap between the two window weatherstrips and the other adjusts the position of the #4 bow. Beyond that there is a note in the canvas installaion instruction to check the fit carefully before applying the adhesive.

· Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7,855 Posts
to tighten the fabric on the frame you need to take the fabric off and put it back on with the slack taken out of it. The canvas is hold to the frame with glue and rivets and it takes a person that knows what they are doing to get the material on the frame properly. It is easy to make it too tight and then it will end up either tearing or wearing a hole through the material where it is pulled taught across a part of the frame.

It's a very narrow window to get it right and if you are outside that window it will either look like a fat man in a banana hammock or a baby with their diaper falling off.

• Haha
Reactions: HHGadget
1 - 6 of 6 Posts