Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember that I have made several major changes to my 2006 Solstice since I bought the car new in 2006. The first change was the LS7 / T56 engine swap. Next I designed and fabricated new bumpers, a hood scoop, and opened up the front fenders for a Cobra-style look. The latest modification is the conversion from convertible to coupe. This mod was made possible when coupe #802 was sent to a salvage yard and cut in half because of Lemon Law issues. I learned of the car and bought the back half and top several years ago. So the parts I used from the donor were practically new. All of the unique pieces and parts were there, including the unique plastic bits and pieces.
If anyone has any specific questions, I will be happy to answer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!! She looks amazing. She is a masterpiece!!!! Love the white stripe. Have one on my black coupe. More pics from different angles if you can?:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was necessary to disassemble the car down to the frame rails in order to replace the tub. The hard part about that was avoiding damage to the rear fenders. As it turned out, we did have to remove the filler panels with the tub. With luck I was able to source two new filler panels to use during re-assembly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Amazing transformation... love those fenders!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not mention a lot of details such as moving the EVAP canister, extending some wiring, installing coupe window regulators and door glass, but final assembly was pretty standard stuff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Outstanding! :yesnod: More pics and video please. BTW, please consider offering the vented Solbra fender. :cool:
The SOLBRA fenders are easily done. Just buy the vents from any of the Cobra replica parts places. Cut your fenders out and use epoxy to roll the edges. You might need to remove a little out of the back side of the passenger side vent to clear the battery.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The doors are the original convertible doors. I only changed the glass and the regulators. Both are readily available.
:dthumbs:

I really like the front fender vents... did you make the fenders yourself? are the vents functional? if so, did you have to modify the inner support brace to clear the vents?

Bill

… I see you answered most of my question in post 16..... :crazy:

but I really don't want to modify MY fenders.... :crying:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, it is necessary to modify the structure behind the fenders, but it really is no big deal. Fenders are cheap. Just buy a pair and grab the jigsaw!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Just a reminder to folks who are reading this thread the pics below are what Wade started with. Very impressive skills.

Little history, this was coupe #802 that was owned by a forum member and had to be bought back by GM under the Lemon Law because no-one could find the cause of the electrical issues that plagued the car. It was cut in half by GM to prevent it from being sold to anyone. Only to be bought and turned into a coupe again, lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts