Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just an absolutely amazing accomplishment!! My coupe looks a lot alike it, but without the white stripes. Owning one now, it really helped me following your photos. Can't imagine how long you spent completing such a project. Guessing you must have an engineering background, mechanical or electrical is my guess. And, unlike the tops that have been developed, yours has the Targa top too! I didn't see the back window open, but I'm sure it does. A great coupe, but suspect more than mine cost, without the LS7 conversion.
:dthumbs:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just an absolutely amazing accomplishment!! My coupe looks a lot alike it, but without the white stripes. Owning one now, it really helped me following your photos. Can't imagine how long you spent completing such a project. Guessing you must have an engineering background, mechanical or electrical is my guess. And, unlike the tops that have been developed, yours has the Targa top too! I didn't see the back window open, but I'm sure it does. A great coupe, but suspect more than mine cost, without the LS7 conversion.
:dthumbs:
Thanks for the kind words. The back window works just like yours, with the button and the fob. I am not an engineer, but I am fortunate to have a restoration shop with all of the right tools, equipment, and help to do projects like this for myself from time to time. Sometimes my guys appreciate working on a project where no rust is involved!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wade,I'm 99% sure that I saw this car in a local car show years ago after the V8 conversion. Will you be doing any shows now with the coupe conversion? I would love to see it up close and personal. Don

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wade,I'm 99% sure that I saw this car in a local car show years ago after the V8 conversion. Will you be doing any shows now with the coupe conversion? I would love to see it up close and personal. Don
If I had known that it was going to be ready by now, I would have had it in the Pittsburgh World of Wheels. Maybe next year for that. My only PA plans for the car as of now are the Flashlight Drags at Waynesburg airport this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
That's gorgeous - excellent work.

Oh, how I'd love to have a down draft paint booth...

·
Registered
953 Posts
any suggestions on where/how to buy fenders, and the inner support if available?
Bill

sorry, dumb question.... even Amazon has them (just a bit pricey tho….)
Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks wade, I do go to those drags at times, I'll be watching for the schedule, usually about 4 times per summer, hope to see you there. I think the show I saw you at was in downtown Waynesburg. Don

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Wade, I'd so like to see this Halibrand style wheels on your Solbra in an restomod 18/20 setup. (Image Wheels out of the UK, style CHB)
Step-lip, 3Piece, AVAILABLE IN 15” TO 20” DIAMETER/UPTO 16” WIDE/ANY PCD UPTO 130mm/5 STUD FITMENT/ CENTRE LOCK ALSO AVAILABLE
Sorry, your car has me dreaming.

·
Registered
165 Posts
PM sent to you Wade! :D ... oh yeah, my Mom was a West Virginia native!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wade, I'd so like to see this Halibrand style wheels on your Solbra in an restomod 18/20 setup. (Image Wheels out of the UK, style CHB)
Step-lip, 3Piece, AVAILABLE IN 15” TO 20” DIAMETER/UPTO 16” WIDE/ANY PCD UPTO 130mm/5 STUD FITMENT/ CENTRE LOCK ALSO AVAILABLE
Sorry, your car has me dreaming.
I agree. In fact, I had a set of Halibrand style wheels made for the car when I first built it. Unfortunately I got tired of them and sold them. Wish I had them back now!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
astonishingly good job

·
Registered
430 Posts
Excellent job, must have been a real "Pelosi" to do, but worth it!
my thoughts exzactly, be nice if somebody made a glass molds, then poped off some tops&hatches and produced some coupe tops to go right on the verts. fitted right where the trunk lid go's. that wood be sweet and probably expensive.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,341 Posts
my thoughts exzactly, be nice if somebody made a glass molds, then poped off some tops&hatches and produced some coupe tops to go right on the verts. fitted right where the trunk lid go's. that wood be sweet and probably expensive.
Norm's Fiberglass has 'em for about $4200 plus shipping/handling.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Political posts

Excellent job, must have been a real "Pelosi" to do, but worth it!
The coup build is really impressive, too bad your disrespectful reference to Speaker Pelosi is such a steaming pile of “Trump”. Should be in the Wild West where such political nonsense is permitted.

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
The coup build is really impressive, too bad your disrespectful reference to Speaker Pelosi is such a steaming pile of “Trump”. Should be in the Wild West where such political nonsense is permitted.
And you somehow think that this post is appropriate? If only more people would lead by example.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts