Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please don't say, "pictures, or it didn't happen." It didn't happen... my sister got carsick about 1/11th the way in! I love my sister, so turned around and went home the NC section. Still a fun day.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Tail of the Dragon is pretty well known. Almost too well known. When I drove it there was WAY too much traffic.

Now if you want a lot of fun, try the Back of the Dragon, Rt 16 in VA. Marion to Tazewell. 33 miles of twisties. Here's a video of a section of it

I'm going there on 8/23 for a few days of driving, if you want to join up, just PM me.

Bob

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, 129 is a nice little twisty, but if you have the chance, try 15/64/41A between Cowan, TN and Sewanee, TN. It is a very nice twisty little ride. Lasts about 2-1/2 to 3 miles, but it's kind of like a mini dragon with a lot of twists and turns going up hill. VERY nice in 3rd gear! Much more fun going up than down. And there's a cool overlook about halfway up with a fairly large parking space.

Opps, left out link to map -

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cowan+tn&hl=en&ll=35.177948,-85.957203&spn=0.067419,0.130205&sll=35.321008,-86.704788&sspn=0.1346,0.26041&hnear=Cowan,+Franklin,+Tennessee&t=m&z=14

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Yeah, 129 is a nice little twisty, but if you have the chance, try 15/64/41A between Cowan, TN and Sewanee, TN. It is a very nice twisty little ride. Lasts about 2-1/2 to 3 miles, but it's kind of like a mini dragon with a lot of twists and turns going up hill. VERY nice in 3rd gear! Much more fun going up than down. And there's a cool overlook about halfway up with a fairly large parking space.

Opps, left out link to map -

cowan tn - Google Maps
Yep...Quite familiar with that one too. Not too far from home and we take it going to Winchester periodically.

There's no end to the twisties around here...but there seems to be more and more traffic on them as time goes by...:willy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts