Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Solstice Base Premium-Stock Factory

I am getting ready to do a coolant drain, flush, and refill. I know about air in pressurized systems, and what to do if it happens on the refill. Two questions: First, I don't have to worry about air when I do the fill / flush with distilled water, right? Second, there were never any bleeder valves installed on later models (like my 2008) once Pontiac was aware of the problems you first generation guys and gals were having, right? There are no bleeder valves on my car, right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Water is water.
Tons of info use the search .
There is a valve to drain.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by 'bleeder valves' but the answer is no. Just the drain valves on the radiator and water pump. If you mean the TSB check-valves, no, they weren't added at the factory either.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The air entrapment is an issue regardless of the fluid you're using - but it's not important during the flush, critical during the final fill.

I used the approach of detaching the top line then the overflow / fill tank and raising it all the way up while filling. Worked like a charm.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. You answered all my questions. Just for the database, the "valves" I meant were some cars with pressurized systems have air bleeder or burp valves built into the lines or hose attachments. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Thanks fellas. You answered all my questions. Just for the database, the "valves" I meant were some cars with pressurized systems have air bleeder or burp valves built into the lines or hose attachments. Thanks again.
Yeah we know. A bleeder at the top of the system so evacuate the air that plagues may of us would have been great but it didn't happen unfortunately. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts