Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm in the process of installing a Redline drivetrain in my 82 Corolla wagon - see my signature for project - and would like to know what direction coolant flows through the turbo. From upper line (inner side of turbo) to lower line (outer side of turbo), or the other way around - from thermostat housing up through turbo to upper radiator hose?

Thanks,
-J

Cooling, flowpath, flowrate, direction, anti-freeze

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
The coolant feed pipe is the one that comes across the top front of the head.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coolant feed pipe is the one that comes across the top front of the head.
Thanks man!

Just had the brainiac idea to look for the naming convention on GM parts website...it confirmed this.

Thanks for the reply tho!

·
Registered
523 Posts
??

Why don't you just buy a Solstice or a Sky?
I don't get it :confused:

·
Registered
848 Posts

If he had a better pic or two, personally I think it's cool looking, you might as well. The car probably cost him nothing, the motor was probably a pull from a wreck, and well, he'll have an aweful fast wagon (that actually has room to haul stuff) that would whip your Sol/sky seeing as he will be quite a bit lighter.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
This confusion is seriously confusing. The Kappa is about as niche as you can get and Ecotech swaps are fairly common.

OPs site said:
I'm stuck on the wagon cause nothing else totes bikes, climbing gear, snowboards, people and the dog in better style!
Dig the project, OP.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
This confusion is seriously confusing. The Kappa is about as niche as you can get and Ecotech swaps are fairly common.

Dig the project, OP.
Yeah, they are sticking them into old style rods and all sorts of other stuff.

Don't understand the attitude that says that one particular platform is the only one you should use a given engine with.

Would the same attitude require that all the guys out there using the small block Chevs in all sorts of cars would be wasting their time if it wasn't in a Corvette (choose your own candidate for the 'best and highest' use of the motor)?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is a lot of satisfaction in the difference between buy and make.

As far as I know nobody has done an ecotech into a TE72 platform, that adds yet another challenge. About 10years ago I built a 350HP 2nd gen RX, so I'm no stranger to a coupe/roadster platform. I also really dig the Rolla for a ton of reasons - personal preference I guess.

-J

Damn, link is dead. Looks like someone stop paying the bill at 3tcgarage.com...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts