Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just been searching out info on this. Any results mention coolant strength but not the antifreeze to water ratio. 2007 GXP with original coolant. I'll get it checked but if I need to change it, what's the ratio. Maybe it's cos I'm from across the pond but we always topped up with a certain ratio mix. I don't have an owners manual handy if that would've helped! I'm assuming all cars would've had a mix anyway, regardless of mine coming from California to New Jersey, lol !! Just want to make sure before I'm out in the low temperatures.
Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you're so worried, just get pre-mixed and be done with it. Otherwise, follow the directions on every jug, which is almost always 50/50 with distilled water. If you are going to only dump and fill, stick with dexcool, if you are going to flush with some distilled water between dump and fill, feel free to go with any coolant you want really (green, blue, etc). But why risk it unless you really know the specifics? So just stick with dexcool in my opinion.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Should be a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water, if you Are so worried, you could have a shop check the strength with a coolant hydrometer.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi,
Just been searching out info on this. Any results mention coolant strength but not the antifreeze to water ratio. 2007 GXP with original coolant. I'll get it checked but if I need to change it, what's the ratio. Maybe it's cos I'm from across the pond but we always topped up with a certain ratio mix. I don't have an owners manual handy if that would've helped! I'm assuming all cars would've had a mix anyway, regardless of mine coming from California to New Jersey, lol !! Just want to make sure before I'm out in the low temperatures.
Thanks
You're due for fresh anyway. The manual says 5yrs/100k whichever comes first. 50/50 mix of dexcool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts