Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To go along with the first car thread, what do you consider the "coolest" cars you own or have owned?

Mine:
1965 Chevy Malibu SS Hardtop
1949 Dodge Business Coupe Street Rod
1953 Chevy 210 Sedan
1957 Chevy 210 Sedan
1970 Camaro Z28
1958 Morris Minor Woody Wagon
2001 PT Cruiser Custom (current)
1964 Pontiac Tempest Safari Wagon (current)

·
Registered
55 Posts
1996 boneville with mods
1997 Grand AM SE stock
2000 Ford Explorer sport(EDIT great fun in the snow and off road)

[edit] please keep the language clean. Thanks. TR [/edit]

·
Registered
281 Posts
oh man, there are all kinds of "cool".

my 81 aries was cool cuz it was such a POS but never ever let me down. drove myself and 8 girls home one day from school. the rear-end scraped for miles until i dropped2 of them off at home. the choke control on the carb fugged up, so dad rigged it with a flattened piece of copper tubing to keep the butterfly valve open, giving it ~3500 rpm idle. had a nasty exhaust leak, too. so, starting it was an event! i could wake people up for miles.
:smile the car hadnt been washed in 2 years (did a good job of preserving the paint). when the car got egged, they couldnt cut through the dirt! someone wrote "f*ck me s*uck me, use me and abuse me on the passenger door. it was like that for a good 6 months until the school principal called me into his office. he told me about it. i pretended i was unaware. he told me to wash it. i said no, that would be sacrilege for my car, but agreed to remove the words. i jumped the car once at 85 mph. we flew forever. the landing caved in my oilpan, but didnt mess up the drain plug. after that, it only took 4qts to fill instead of 5. it saved me money!! :D it was on a gravel road, so the entire underside of the car was chalk white. for months after that incident, if i took a corner fast, bits of gravel would unlodge and scatter on the road. later on, after school i worked at a place driving a forklift. one of my duties was to pull the dumpster out of its cubby to allow the trash truck to empty it and then put it back. when there was snow and ice on the parking lot, the forklifts tires would just spin with an epmty dumpster. so yeah, i used my car to ram the dumpster back into place. theres lost more, but i dont have time.:smile i ended up giving the car to a guy who was so poor, he was living out of his BOSS'S car!

if you read my post about my fiero, then you know how i feel about that car.

my ZR2 was just badass. amazingly tough truck. the offroad tires that came on it were fun in the rain and snow. 4 wheel drifts were very frickin easy in 4wd. in the snow, i could wag the tail out and keep it there until i wanted it to tuck in.

i bought a truck as my first new vehicle cuz i thought girls dug em. then i bought my first GTP and found out how wrong i was. its just a damned "family car" but i have gotten far more waves, smiles, etc. while driving a GP than i ever did in that truck. i dont get it, but i dont care. this car is gonna help me find a wife! :D

so, i one way or another, i think all of my vehicles have been cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts