Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
YES!
Get a $22 Ford Crown Vic Fan Controller:
My Sky R/L radiator fan quit working, and I recently read about replacing the fan controller with one for the 2007 Ford Crown Vic for $22: RY1532 Fan Control Relay Module Fits Ford Crown Victoria Town Car Marquis | eBay

https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f24/another-succesful-radiator-fan-controller-replacement-76793/

Yogi
Was going to get one of these and try it but O'Reillys shows it for $140.99. :frown2: Where/when did you get one for $22?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/lighting---electrical-16777/modules-coils-25074/cooling-fan-controller-module-11359/436bb07cc0fb/2007/ford/crown-victoria?q=Cooling+Fan+Controller/Module

RockAuto has it for $85. Better.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Many have used the cheap $25 ones without issues but as with everything you takes your chances. That would be one I'd be willing to take.
Is there something you aren't telling us JR-Dallas? :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just an observation on the feedback of the cheap ones. OK, bought 3 (in case both are bad and one more spare!) on ebay for $9 ea plus shipping. :willy:

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
... as with everything you takes your chances. That would be one I'd be willing to take.
I completely agree. If you can buy the cheap ones at a fifth of the price of an ACdelco one, then why not? You can go through 4 failures and *still* be ahead. It's not like they're difficult to swap.

I'd struggle a bit with the $9 ones JR found, but again so cheap, buy a few (as he did) and have fun!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I completely agree. If you can buy the cheap ones at a fifth of the price of an ACdelco one, then why not? You can go through 4 failures and *still* be ahead. It's not like they're difficult to swap.

I'd struggle a bit with the $9 ones JR found, but again so cheap, buy a few (as he did) and have fun!
Well carry the extras with you lol. Mine failed 30 minutes from my house on a hot Phoenix day in rush hour traffic. Had to stop 3 times for extended cool offs to limp it home. Luckily it wasn't 115 degrees hot out.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts