Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My spare came yesterday. I think I'll put the spare and the stubby screwdriver in a nice padded box and fasten it someplace in the "trunk" area. I figure if I actually have an alternative there, I'll never need it .. :)

On the other hand, just saying that out loud probably means it will happen and my spare will be defective.
Thought I'd do an update. It's been .. interesting.

The cheap part I bought died about a month later. (it started getting flakey, sometimes it would work, but then it would stop unless you kicked in the air conditioning, then it would work again for awhile)

I'd thought I was being smart, so I had ordered a second to have as a spare, and then a week or two later decided to order yet another one - a more expensive one - as a spare since I KNEW that part was the issue.

So, I put the "more expensive" one in. It didn't work at all, it was dead completely. (A Dorman - I bought it on Amazon "warehouse discount" which in retrospect was stupid since you know Amazon just looked at the previous return, said "looks fine to me" and put it back out for sale)

So I put the cheap second spare in. It worked ok, but constantly threw a check engine light that I couldn't get rid of. It would come back on each restart. So, since it worked beyond that, I ordered a FOURTH part, meanwhile prepping my Amazon return to go back to them.

A few days later, the new cheap part arrived, it works flawlessly. I figured I'll keep both flakey ones as spares and if I get one more failure, I'll buy the AC Delco one.

The lesson? Yea. If I'd bought the AC/Delco one in the first place, it would have been fixed the first time. On the other hand, I would have forever after bemoaned the fact that I paid $140 for a part I could have gotten for $25. Humans are so hard to please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too have had the "Cooling Fan Control Failure". After reading on this forum that a controller from a Crown Vic would work I got one from Amazon for $20. Low and behold the fan worked as it should BUT I kept getting Code P480, "0 voltage on the output during commanded transition". I don't know why but maybe there is a difference in some of the circuitry. Anyway I did some searching came up with this at Autozone for $108.Santech Cooling Fan Control MT4100 I'll see if it work this time.

I hope it will help someone else in this position.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts