Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I knows this subject has been gone over before but I need help on what part I should buy. Cooling fan wont come on at any temp or with ac or defrost on. fuse is good. I have 12v at fan motor and the thin white wire also has voltage starting at about 1/2 a volt and climbing as the engine heats up. sounds like the fan is bad BUT when I eliminate the thin white wire from the plug end the fan comes on full speed and runs perfectly but will never shut off. Anyone with any help would be so appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
This sounds like the fan motor relay has failed. On the GXP the relay is part of the fan assembly so the entire assembly must be replaced. There are a couple of recent threads on this same subject.

Good luck

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yeah - what Rob said. The white wire is a PWM speed control. It sounds like the fan controller has failed, but you can't get them separately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks solnut

If ced is crate engine depot I went to that web site but they don't have cooling fan assemblys. It seems like all the parts companys have the fans for base model solstice but don't even know the gxp is a completely different fan and they say it will fit gxp but in the same sentence say its not for turbo. I need a lead. got to get my solstice back on the road

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
If ced is crate engine depot I went to that web site but they don't have cooling fan assemblys. It seems like all the parts companys have the fans for base model solstice but don't even know the gxp is a completely different fan and they say it will fit gxp but in the same sentence say its not for turbo. I need a lead. got to get my solstice back on the road
19130227 should be the GXP (LNF) Coolant Fan, Shroud, and related parts at crate engine depot (or any GM parts supplier).

19130491 should be the NA (LE5) Coolant Fan, Shroud and related parts at crate engine depot. (or any GM parts supplier).

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Go to gmpartsdirect.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts