Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This must have been brought up before, just find it interesting they would take a corvette '09 and make it "italian looking" (by making it look like a solstice, IMO):

The coupe version is similar to ours in the rear. Note the very poor front fascia alignment on the $140k or so Antero, yikes. Very strange, a corvette that wants to be Italian by copying a solstice coupe. Guess it would be cheaper if you want super performance to just go buy a vette motor and put it in a Solstice. And of course the interior is all high end Italian leather, but that steering wheel, sure looks familiar......

Couldn't help myself:

The fitment of the hood is again off.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup I agree...yet another pokiman look alike face on the front of a car. :willy:
:lol: It does look like a pokemon face. I just can't get over that hood alignment though.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I still would have waited for the Solstice Coupe to be made instead of that bad exercise in design. Don't care how much extra engine and leather you throw at it, it still does nothing for me. I'm sure glad they finally made the Sol Coupe instead of that bad Corvette exercise. That surely would not have gotten me into a showroom to even look, much less buy it.
Kind of has a TVR look about it. Yawn!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that thing is hideous! it looks nothing like the solstice, it looks like sh!t
Personally I don't think it looks bad, I just think a Solstice looks way better. Trying to take a "hard angled, hard lined" corvette and make it much rounder is not an easy task. I just can't see how you don't see the design styling and lines taken from the Solstice with an attempt to be put in this car? And no nod at all to Pontiac solstice (and Coupe, no. 5 of 2009's most beautiful cars), but rather calling it Italian Styling. Guess that would be silly to try and price a modified corvette at $140k and pointing to a pontiac solstice coupe as inspiration.

I still would have waited for the Solstice Coupe to be made instead of that bad exercise in design. Don't care how much extra engine and leather you throw at it, it still does nothing for me. I'm sure glad they finally made the Sol Coupe instead of that bad Corvette exercise. That surely would not have gotten me into a showroom to even look, much less buy it.
Kind of has a TVR look about it. Yawn!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like the front fascia!! The solstice needs a big mouth opening!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally I don't think it looks bad, I just think a Solstice looks way better. Trying to take a "hard angled, hard lined" corvette and make it much rounder is not an easy task. I just can't see how you don't see the design styling and lines taken from the Solstice with an attempt to be put in this car? And no nod at all to Pontiac solstice (and Coupe, no. 5 of 2009's most beautiful cars), but rather calling it Italian Styling. Guess that would be silly to try and price a modified corvette at $140k and pointing to a pontiac solstice coupe as inspiration.

I think this was an aftermarket company that was doing these conversions, though they'd still be fully warrrantied by GM.
agreed, side view and rear are ok, the solstice front view looks better...;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts