Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search to find the answer and was unable to find one. Has anyone replaced successfully the Solstice seats with Corvette C6 seats?

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Don't know of this particular swap but I know some members have replaced their seats with aftermarket versions and one issue has been the width of the seat . Another issue could be the compatibility of the wiring harness but that should be able to be adapted I would assume .

·
Super Moderator
7,321 Posts
I tried to do a search to find the answer and was unable to find one. Has anyone replaced successfully the Solstice seats with Corvette C6 seats?
I have not heard of anyone doing this specific swap either, but the seat measurements suggest that it is at least possible. The C6 seats are 19 inches wide according to some information I saw on a Corvette forum. Depending on where it was measured that would match our seats that are 19 inches at their widest point across the side bolsters. What other dimensions would make them too big are the other question. You would just about have to get a seat to test fit. Curiously, the thread i found about the Corvette seats was discussing the difficulty in finding an aftermarket seat that was small enough to fit the C6.

You would probably have to move the seat belt latches to ensure proper seat belt function, and you would definitely have to move the PPS if you still wanted the airbag to work, so wiring wouldn't be much of an issue. Getting those parts to fit properly might be a challenge, of course.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Are the Corvette seats any improvement over the Solstice seats? Stock are pretty good on the Kappas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
^ I doubt it! Corvette seats are notoriously lack luster. What is the reason for you looking for a replacement? Check out NRG seats, they are cheap racing style seats (not FIA approved) but A LOT more comfortable than C6 seats, and A LOT more bolstering without impeding your vision. Plus many Cobra seats fit right in their brackets, so if you want to upgrade in the future to an FIA seat, you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts