Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at the saab website i looked at the engines they used and they have a 2.3 liter turbo that kicks out 250 hp at 5300 and 260 lb/ft of torque between 2000 and 4000 rpm. this seems like a perfect engine for pontiac to use, and it keeps with the philosophy of reusing parts from other divisions. i know it is not an ecotec, but i don't see why they could not use this engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
they could, and it would be nice. but since low cost is such a high priority in kappa development, i think a roots type SC will be used.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
out of curiosity is the saab engine based off the ecotec or is it a completely different design?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Brian said:
out of curiosity is the saab engine based off the ecotec or is it a completely different design?
dont quote me on this but ibelieve that the 2.0 in the 9-3 is an ecotec (210hp) and the 2.3 in the 9-5 is unrelated.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thought the SAAB was an iron block engine.

Is a shot of the 200 hp s/c Ecotec used in the RedLine on the Saturn web page. (increasing the contrast with a good image processing program will reveal many of the dark details - will try to put in gallery).

Suspect they would move the intercooler for a Solstice installation but looking at the engine bay there appears to be pleanty of room...

Hokey folks, where did the gallery go ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts