Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the long winter ended, I decided I wanted something topless to replace my workaday Smart Fortwo, so today, I traded it in and bought a 2007 GXP:

I know, I know, not much of an upgrade... ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Nah...It'l do :lol: Did the square footage of the trunk change between the two?:lol:

Congrats and I know you won't regret it.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
congrats and welcome to your new family :)

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
welcome - make sure the diff recall was performed on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Beautiful car!!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm enjoying the car quite a bit. Here's a pic of its garage-mate, which is why I didn't go for the coupe:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the good life. TOPLESS and lovin' it...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm enjoying the car quite a bit. Here's a pic of its garage-mate, which is why I didn't go for the coupe:

am LOVING that coup!

write up a comparo when you get to know your gxp, the gxp is not as refined but it's tons of fun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Way to go!!!!!!!! I have the same year Solstice and it is the same color as well. I was told I would regret buying the Solstice and I just have to smile when I take it out for the first run of the new year (garaged for the winter).
I love this car and and wish I could afford to by the coup as well.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Was it fate? I just found these old pictures I took at the 2002 Chicago Auto Show:

At the dealership, I was so insistent on Sly as the color; must have made a strong first impression! Note that the concept obviously doesn't have an engine. :) I remember the guy with the headset saying it would have a V6.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for the photos of the concept...shame they didn't keep the light arrangement the same.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I enjoyed the Solstice but got the itch for something different. Sold it and bought this (yep, I've still got the Z4, too):

Will still drop in occasionally, I could see owning one again though i think I'd go Sky Redline or Mallett next time...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hey, I believe I saw you on E46 or Bimmerforums! Please don't listen to the stanceworks crowd and put something ridiculous on the Non-M coupe! New car looks great :D

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Congrats....I used to be a Z3er and really love them. I loved my Z3 and enjoyed going down to the plant in SC for the Z3 Homecoming and got the chance watch them attach the roof to a Coupe by taking a Covertible Chassis and welding the coupe top on. I think the car lines look great, convertible and coupe.

I still have some of my Z3 car accessories in hopes of owning an //M Roadster or and //M Coupe...perferably a 2001 or 2002 with the bigger engine.

Enjoy......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was it fate? I just found these old pictures I took at the 2002 Chicago Auto Show:

At the dealership, I was so insistent on Sly as the color; must have made a strong first impression! Note that the concept obviously doesn't have an engine. :) I remember the guy with the headset saying it would have a V6.
As a matter of fact, the 2002 show Solstice did indeed have an engine. According to Gary Witzenburg in "The Pontiac Solstice Book," (2006) Bob Lutz would have been happy with a "roller"--or even a mock up for the show. But the design team put together an actual running roadster for exhibition: Lutz even drove it onto the stage at the Detroit show. (The coupe, presented at the same time, was indeed just a foam mock-up.)

Also, Lutz was firm from the outset that the Solstice would be a 4-cylinder car. A V6 was neither promised nor envisioned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts