Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of the semi-official info states a "fall 05 introduction", or "available in fall of 2005". Anyone want else to speculate the actual date someone will be able to walk onto a lot, plunk down MSRP + $10,000 :wink , and drive off with the first 2006 Pontiac Solstice to be sold to the public?

Fall to me means starting at the autumnal equinox, 9/22/05. So if we use that as intro date, maybe we can get Mr. Troy to put a countdown (d minus 518 as of today, I think) in the corner of the forum page?

***Updated expected date from cardealer's production week information on the GM order system - expected (with transit) somewhere at beginning of June 05 in dealerships, arbitrary available date approx 6/6/05 for lack of a better date***

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i guess that could get old. but when you see it getting down to 90 days, then 42 days, then under 30... that might be cool.

or not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
solsticeman said:
ya, i guess that could get old. but when you see it getting down to 90 days, then 42 days, then under 30... that might be cool.

or not.
one day though, it may just jump down quite a bit!, but then again, it may be pushed back, although i doubt it since it seems like GM wants to keep a positive image and put out a late release date so when it comes out early everyone will love them. either way, i dont plan on buying until spring of '06, possibly fall of '05 after im married and can get a family discount on the car. that way if i have enough money by then i can work on it all winter!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it would be clever for them to start selling them on june 21, but i know that wouldn't happen... oh, well. So much for cleverness.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm guessing GM will push this thing as fast as possible and have small quantities out in dealers by July 1st.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would guess late fall - I think it will be pushed back because GM will want to make sure they do this one right. Even with that late fall, it will still be one of the fastest to production vehicles for GM - and I can't wait!

·
Registered
21 Posts
IF I buy one I will buy it in spring of 2006. By then the "must have it now crowd" will have payed their extras and the dealer will be selling them at MSRP or maybe a little less (some how I doubt that one though)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will get mine in 2006

My father is a assembly line worker at GM and will be able to get me a solstice as pep vehicle once it has 3600 miles on it. The cars are pretty much new i get the standered warrenty plus GM discounts on top of that. If anyone of you know a GM worker try to tag one it is some much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont' bet on it. Have a friend working at GM, some vehicles won't be available through PEP for maybe as much as a year after intro. I'll ask - heard a rumor that some of the early built SSR's are starting to become available - maybe same thing with Solstice, but again don't count on it.

Most likely they won't even allow it as what they call "ride and drive" for company car owners.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Any idea when the Deleware plant is going to shut down L series production. After that is down, they will have to re-tool the plant for Kappa production. Meanwhile they will continue to refine Solstice and make improvements on the test mules. Once tooling is done, they will start putting out pre-production models, do more testing for durability, performance etc. Make more changes and improvements, and then ramp up to production. Once production starts, it will be a little while before they hit dealer lots as they ramp up and start shipments. A lot of steps in there to go through. I hope it will be summer and not fall next year, but since they keep saying fall, I am guessing it will be sometime after labor day. I'll probably wait until closer to spring to order one at that point. No reason to be a part of the first month rush to get one when I will just have to let it sit in the garage all winter anyway!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
L-series production has already stopped. They shut down the Deleware plant a little sooner because the L wasn't even meeting the modest sales goals they had set for it this year. We can't necessarily take that as a sign that the Kappa production will start any sooner, though. Labor unions (whether the construction union, or UAW) could still hold that up until the planned start of production.

·
Registered
1 Posts
supercharged?

does anyone have an idea, based on intuition or past experience, when the supercharged model might hit showrooms? I can't wait to get rid of my shitty VW.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
D minus 505 and counting (fall 05 intro).

That's Y minus 1.38 or

M minus 16 3/4 or so. :smile

No word on *charged (insert your own favorite charging method) model that I've seen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
a clue to release?

This may have NO bearing whatsoever on the Solstice, but I see on MSN.com today that 2005 models are being pushed out to the dealers now and the near future...

http://autos.msn.com/home/newsadvice.aspx?src=MSN&GT1=3288

We will be seeing 2006 models starting in May of 2005 if that trend continues... The Solstice is mentioned under Pontiac as a 2006 model to be released in 2005 (but we knew that):

http://autos.msn.com/advice/articles/previews/default.aspx?page=4&xml=spring2005#top

1 - 20 of 119 Posts