Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today 11/2/2013 I purchased coupe 107099.

Now my GXP convertible has a partner.

My wife and I had a 3 hour drive each way to/from NY to get it.
...nice day for driving... :driving:

The car only had 1040 miles on it when I got it. The previous owner was a furniture store owner in NY.

:cool:

more pictures once I have some daylight...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the coupe club. That color looks like Fresh, if it is that's the rarest 09 coupe color (23 I think). Is the wife gonna let you drive it???????????????
Not Fresh, but Deep (Blue). Color code 48U. Birthday was on 12/17/08. Still a pretty rare color... only 39 made it off the assembly line in that color before the doors were locked.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Congrats! :thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the two car group.
My 06NA is dark blue metallic (deep) and my 09NA coupe is merlot jewel metallic (wicked).
You will be surprise on how many people have never seen a coupe, and did it come with the soft top?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Not Fresh, but Deep (Blue). Color code 48U. Birthday was on 12/17/08. Still a pretty rare color... only 39 made it off the assembly line in that color before the doors were locked.
I checked the data on the VIN like you probably did and it does say Deep. My girlfriends car is a 07 Deep Solstice and every picture we have of it was never as light as the color in that picture above. When I bought my coupe new, the dealer had a Deep coupe next to my Pure coupe on the showroom. Same dark blue as Lindas 07 but no metallic. In the picture it reminds me of Vickchicks coupe which is Fresh (brighter blue). Strange....

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... every picture we have of it was never as light as the color in that picture above. ...Strange....
yeah - Solstice odd fact -

'Deep' has changed paint codes over the 5 years. 'Deep' in one year does not mean it is the same color the next year, except maybe '06 & '07...

I'm happy... :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the two car group.
My 06NA is dark blue metallic (deep) and my 09NA coupe is merlot jewel metallic .....did it come with the soft top?
no, no soft top.

The search begins ! :lol:

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
My girlfriends car is a 07 Deep Solstice and every picture we have of it was never as light as the color in that picture above
GM changed the color of deep in 09, and even though the shade of blue changed thought the name didn't? Maybe it had to do w/expenses since it was around the time $hit was starting to hit the fan? Imagine the color code reflects it.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,618 Posts
For 2006, 2007, and 2008, Deep was Dark Ming Blue Metallic (Midnight Blue for the Sky). (WA722J)

For 2009, Deep was changed to All Terrain Blue (Evening Blue for the Sky). (WA406P)

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... just a couple more photos...

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Very, very nice nice!! Had to say it twice twice.:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sirwm, any future mods for the coupe plan? Bought my coupe last fall (2012). So far I had a GXP exhaust installed, Norm's rear valance, front and rear splash guards and front grill painted the same color as the car (wicked). Finally, decided to order the soft top last week, should have it in about 7 to 10 days.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sirwm, any future mods for the coupe plan? Bought my coupe last fall (2012). So far I had a GXP exhaust installed, Norm's rear valance, front and rear splash guards and front grill painted the same color as the car (wicked). Finally, decided to order the soft top last week, should have it in about 7 to 10 days.

wow - please share where you are getting the soft top from !!
I really want one. :yesnod:
( I just started a thread on the topic minutes before seeing this post. )

Yes, splash guards are a must.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.