Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Photoshop the pickup out. It is a good enough photo to be worth the extra effort.
That does kinda wreck the pic a bit, otherwise nice pic.:thumbs:

We've still got the targa roof off the weather has been so nice. I've got to try and get a few pics again.

Hey LJ, not to steal the photo thread, but can I ask about your battery charging, are you using a trickle/maintenance charger since you don't drive yours often? This last few week our car actually sat about 3.5 weeks before I realized we might not have the time to get her out for awhile longer, so I put the trickle/maintenance charger on. I started it 3pm one day and checked it every few hours, eventually off to bed. The next AM it was still green light blinking meaning it was still slow charging.

Made me think that 3.5 weeks of no driving drained the battery quite a bit. I know a trickle charger works slowly with miliamps, but I would have thought it would have been done in the AM. It did start right up when we did take it out the other day.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Very nice, I was lucky enough to grab some in Gettysburg on vacation once.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That does kinda wreck the pic a bit, otherwise nice pic.:thumbs:

We've still got the targa roof off the weather has been so nice. I've got to try and get a few pics again.

Hey LJ, not to steal the photo thread, but can I ask about your battery charging, are you using a trickle/maintenance charger since you don't drive yours often? This last few week our car actually sat about 3.5 weeks before I realized we might not have the time to get her out for awhile longer, so I put the trickle/maintenance charger on. I started it 3pm one day and checked it every few hours, eventually off to bed. The next AM it was still green light blinking meaning it was still slow charging.

Made me think that 3.5 weeks of no driving drained the battery quite a bit. I know a trickle charger works slowly with miliamps, but I would have thought it would have been done in the AM. It did start right up when we did take it out the other day.
It's not like a C6 Corvette which has a heavy battery draw for the computer when idle. I haven't had to use the battery tender on the Solstice as long as I drive it just a few miles every couple weeks. If I don't drive it in winter for a few months I put my charger on it and build it back to 90% when I think of it.
LJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts