Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so since I plan on buying a coupe with a 5 speed manual transmission and have been looking for one for sale the last 6 months only finding two i decided to see what i was up against . So here is my
contribution to the board ,for people looking to buy a stick GXP coupe ! BREAKDOWN of all of the coupes built 28.8% were manual here are the numbers of usa build manual GXP coupes built ! total # 234, Color break down.
:cool:
Mysterious Black - 97
Ruby Red-43
Cool Silver-30
Aggressive Red-20
Sly Gray-10
Brazen Orange-9
Deep Blue-7
Mean Yellow-7
Pure White-6
Hydro Blue-5
:leaving:

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Ok so since I plan on buying a coupe with a 5 speed manual transmission and have been looking for one for sale the last 6 months only finding two i decided to see what i was up against . So here is my
contribution to the board ,for people looking to buy a stick GXP coupe ! BREAKDOWN of all of the coupes built 28.8% were manual here are the numbers of usa build manual GXP coupes built ! total # 234, Color break down.
:cool:
Mysterious Black - 97
Ruby Red-43
Cool Silver-30
Aggressive Red-20
Sly Gray-10
Brazen Orange-9
Deep Blue-7
Mean Yellow-7
Pure White-6
Hydro Blue-5
:leaving:
Thanks, but there's a sticky at the top of this (Coupe Discussion) forum with a list of all the coupes and lets you slice and dice all of that data.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but there's a sticky at the top of this (Coupe Discussion) forum with a list of all the coupes and lets you slice and dice all of that data.
That what I used as my basis it took two days about 5 hours going over all the data to separate, not as easy as it looks . put it out so if someone else like me is looking for a stick they can see what there up against :brentil: just trying to help and give input to the web site:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok so what exactly are you looking for ,I see these listed by going to auction sites and autotrader.com ,not hard to find.Waht exactly are your specs?
Color
Manual for sure
Coup ot Rag Top
Price Range
Milage
Hell I can find you one ,that is the easy part.Let me know and I will get a list in the next few days if that is all you need.

2007 GXP
Mysterious Black
Black leather interior
Monsoon 6 cd radio
Magna Flow
Soon to get Trifecta tune
Looking into some other options also,this is the fun part now.Just buy one and see what you are missing out on.Enjoy

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Can you clarify your comment?

The data is available in the sticky post in excel format.

What processing did you do to it for the 2+ days that could be added?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you clarify your comment?

The data is available in the sticky post in excel format.

What processing did you do to it for the 2+ days that could be added?

Thanks.
print out the data 36 pages then go down the list and find gxp's with manual trans, then mark them and go back and divied the colors up and count sounds easy try it . Please don't beat meup just thought it could help some else down the line. I have been looking for a coupe for 6 months and have only come across two for sale between ebay,cars.com.autotrader ! One black on ebay sold for $21,900 7 owners 2 carfax accidents . One red in new orleans (hurricane car ?) the dealer wants $36,000 4000 miles thats more then new in 2009 . If it easy to find i'll take a yellow ;)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,477 Posts
print out the data 36 pages then go down the list and find gxp's with manual trans, then mark them and go back and divied the colors up and count sounds easy try it . Please don't beat meup just thought it could help some else down the line. I have been looking for a coupe for 6 months and have only come across two for sale between ebay,cars.com.autotrader ! One black on ebay sold for $21,900 7 owners 2 carfax accidents . One red in new orleans (hurricane car ?) the dealer wants $36,000 4000 miles thats more then new in 2009 . If it easy to find i'll take a yellow ;)
I have the list in excel format, a simple sort on color and transmission yield the data you presented very quickly.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think someone posted an aireal view of the red coupe from news footage. It looked pretty tweaked if that's the car. Sounds like the dealer is trying to recoup the repairs.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thanks for the breakdown. For sure, the manual GXP coupes are by far the most popular and hardest to find for sale -- and obviously, they hold their value much better than anything else. There are dozens of autos and base models out there for sale. God forbid you buy a base auto and try to make it into a collector car...

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,477 Posts
I think someone posted an aireal view of the red coupe from news footage. It looked pretty tweaked if that's the car. Sounds like the dealer is trying to recoup the repairs.
Are these the shots you are referring to above?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:yesnod:
Thanks for the breakdown. For sure, the manual GXP coupes are by far the most popular and hardest to find for sale -- and obviously, they hold their value much better than anything else. There are dozens of autos and base models out there for sale. God forbid you buy a base auto and try to make it into a collector car...
:agree:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Complete Coupe Breakdown

Here's what I came up with. This includes EVERYTHING on the list including pre-production and coupes shipped to foreign countries. The count for the manuals and automatics came out a little to the left (?), but they are supposed to be under the N-A and GXP columns.

Color: 79U Ruby Red
Total Production: 221 85 N-A 136 GXP
13 Man 51 Man
72 Auto 85 Auto

Color: 75U Gray
Total Production: 55 19 N-A 36 GXP
4 Man 14 Man
15 Auto 22 Auto

Color: 74U Red
Total Production: 148 33 N-A 140 GXP
8 Man 25 Man
25 Auto 115 Auto